02 "Okay, no more secrets."

- Chiron summoned Percy to his office so that they could talk. He explained how Percy needed to go on a quest to the underworld to return the masterbolt back to Zeus.

After they managed to get Percy to agree to go on this quest, a selection ceremony was held.

"I have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will chose 3 to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed"

Just as Chiron said this, Percy blurted out his first two names.

"Annabeth and Nadia"

As he said this the two girls turned to each other slightly confused.

"Customarily, one waits to at least hear a name or two before choosing. Are you sure you don't want to hear more?" Chiron suggested.

"If the mission required Annabeth to push me down a flight of stairs for it to succeed you don't want her to hesitate to do it. Plus I've seen Nadia fight. If I can get her mad enough, which I assume won't be hard, she'll be able to take down these monsters easily." He explains to Chiron.

He did know that he needed Nadia because of her skills, but he also really wanted to spend time with her. He didn't necessarily have a crush, but it's not like he could help but feel some type of way. I mean she is the goddess of love and beauty's child.

Chiron agreed to what Percy had told him. "the first two quest-mates shall be Annabeth Chase and Nadia Miller."

Percy couldn't help but look to Nadia and notice that the cut he had seen Clarisse give her turned into a scar. He could only assume how unhappy she would be about a bright red mark on her face.

"Now on to the other candidates." Chiron continued.

Percy already knew who his next pick was, even though he wasn't at the selection ceremony. Percy informed Chiron that he would be taking Grover. His best friend.

                           ~ 🎀 ~

Almost immediately after the ceremony Annabeth and Nadia met up at their favorite gossip spot. Although, Annabeth was uninvolved with any sort of drama and never gossiped unless with Nadia.

"Why do you think the new kid chose us?" Nadia questioned.

Annabeth let out a quick snort. "You do know his name... right?"

"Of course I do." She tried to sound real convincing. "Peter right?"

"Percy!" Annabeth laughed gently shoving her friend. "We're going on a quest with him and you don't even know his name."

"New kid is easier. But back to my question. Do you think he picked me because..."

Annabeth cut her off. "No. I don't think he's like that."

"Of course you would know, you've been stalking him since he got here." she chuckled.

"Don't act like you haven't been helping me."

~ 🎀 ~

Percy sits in his cabin and packs his things. As he is doing so Luke enters.