5

TAYLOR'S POV

I just realised that it's almost midnight and y/n looks pretty tired. "Hey, do you want to sleep here, in this bed with me or I could show you the guest room? I promise I won't be offended with your choice, just pick whatever you prefer"
I really hope she sleeps here, although I'm worried I'll cry again when I'm just lying there, trying to sleep and I don't want her to see that. However, I feel like we would distract eachother from it by being in the same room.

"I wanna sleep here, with you. If that's okay with you" she says sleepily. "Of course that's okay with me darling, come with me I'll get you a toothbrush and whatever else you need"

We go downstairs and I get her a spare toothbrush from a cabinet, I tell her she can use my toothpaste and while she goes back upstairs to brush her teeth I get her a charger. I also get her a glass of water, just in case.

I wait in bed for a minute or two before she comes back. Y/n looks exhausted and to be honest, I'm not that tired but I'll try to sleep now anyway.

I life the duvet up when she comes over to the bed and once she gets in I place it over her and tuck her in. "I'm really glad you're here, last night was torture since I was by myself" I said to her.

"Yeah, same for me. Thanks so much for letting me stay Tay" she said to me. I smiled as she came closer and threw her leg over mine.

"Goodnight y/n" I said,kissing her cheek.
"Goodnight Taylor" she whispered as she wrapped one arm around my torso.

After just a few minutes y/n was sound asleep. She looks so peaceful sleeping, all the worry is gone from her face, her eyebrows arent scrunched and she isn't fidgeting with anything"

I can't sleep.

I've been tossing and turning for what feels like hours. Then, out of nowhere I feel the tears again. I decide to go to the bathroom because I don't want to wake y/n up. I slowly untangle our legs and I remove her arms from me. I successfully free myself and I head to the bathroom.

The second I walk through those doors I completely break down. Even when I cried earlier on, I was still holding back. Now that I started crying I can't stop. My head hurts and my stomach has that empty feeling. I'm trying to cry as quietly as I can because I don't want to wake y/n, she needs to sleep. I cover my mouth with my hands as I sit on the bathroom floor.

I feel empty. She was my bestfriend my whole life, I always had her to talk to. We saw eachother almost every day. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. I'm so grateful for y/n, she's saving me right now.

The tears are starting to sting my face as they fall but I just can't stop.

I hear a knock on the door. I woke her up.

"Taylor....? Are you okay? Can I come in?"
I really don't want her to see me like this. I try my best to stop crying and smile, I wipe my tears and make my hair a bit more presentable then I open the door.

"I'm so sorry baby, did I wake you up?"
"No Tay it's okay, I just woke up because I felt that you weren't in bed and I got worried"

I feel terrible, I should've stayed in bed. If I stayed she still would've been asleep, y/n really needs sleep now. It's late and she's beyond tired.

"Come to bed y/n love" I say, offering my hand.

"Tay... don't pretend. I know you were crying, a lot. Let me help you, please. I know you want to be strong for me but I don't need you to be strong for me. This is just as hard for you as it is for me, if not more. You knew her for years before I was even alive. You have every right to cry"

I couldn't help it anymore. I let go again, disappointed in myself. I still tried to silence my sobs with my hand. I didn't want her to hear me crying that loudly.

Y/n pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back, uncovering my mouth. When she started rubbing my back I accidentally let out a choked sob.

"You'll feel better if you just let it out, I promise Tay"she says in a hushed voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip: back to bed

TAYLORS POV:
Y/n actually has superpowers, she always knows how to make me feel better, even though she's only known me for a day, she knows how to comfort me better than almost everyone I know.

Right now, she's curled up at my side, I can't tell if she's asleep or not but I feel kind of sleepy now, I might actually be able to sleep now.

I wrap my arm around her and place it on the small of her back. She's breathing steadily and she looks quite comfy. I finally let myself close my eyes and drift off to sleep.