Enemies to...... something

Start from the beginning

Pran chuckles awkwardly. "Hehe it's fine"

After that silence followed again. Luckily someone brust into the room. It was Forth, engeneering head hazar and Beam, medical council head and Forth's boyfriend.

Forth quickly goes to Pat. "Nong, you okay na?"

Pat smiles cheekily. "Yes P, am fine"

Forth lightly hit his head. "I told you that you can take break in between your laps." Pat bite his lips nervously. Forth face palms. "Stubborn kid"

This interaction rubbed Pran in a wrong way. He feels something in his chest, ready to brust out and hit Forth. This made him take a step back, knowing the temper Beam had. Forth is known to be short tempered and fierce, a carbon copy of Pat. This made all of the engeneering declaring that Pat will be the next head hazar after Forth. Because Forth is also a carbon copy of his head hazar Kongpob.

But Forth after meeting Beam and become a little soft. He may forgive Pran even if he hit him (which he wanted to, badly) but Beam is over protective of Forth. Beam knows how to tangle Pran into the ground and broke two or three bones which made him shudder.

Pran look at Forth still softly fussing over Pat. They are just Nong-Phi. And Forth have a boyfriend. So why the heck is he jealous. Jealous? No he isn't jealous. Right?

Pran startles when he locked eye with Beam, who is already looking at him with a smirk. Pran smiles awkwardly at him.

"Forth? Why don't we stay with Pat for a while. He is not that well"

Beam innocently ask Forth who look at Pat. Pat shook his head. "Am okay P'Beam"

"No, Beamie is right. You need someone to assist you."

Pran knows how his mouth sometimes doesn't work his way. But he doesn't know that it will take this time to open and utter the word that he doesn't want.

"I will take care of him"

That was when Forth turned and look at Pran. Pran felt naked under his stare. He moves uncomfortably making Pat chuckles.

"P, enough. He helped me."

Forth sighs at that. "Thank you nong..."

"Pran"

"Ah yes, Nong Pran"

Forth smiles gently, making Pran notice how handsome that smile is. Beam clear his throat, glaring at Pran.

"So Nong PRAN will be looking after Pat. We can go Forth, we will be late"

Beam throw a smug look. Does P'Beam knows that Pran is feeling something for the boy? It is as if, Beam knows everything that is going on his mind. He is giving them opportunity to be together.

"Okay. Nong take care hm?"

Forth patted Pat's head. As soon as they left, Pran sighs loudly. Pat chuckles. Pran plop next to Pat, in a lazy manner.

"Your head hazar is hot, Pat"

"Shh, don't let P'Beam hear you. He will break your bone until he is satisfied"

"Ohh"

Pran shivers. Pat laughs loudly at that.

~

Pran gently assist Pat to his bed. Pat is in pain, especially in his legs. But Pat doesn't want to show that to Pran. But Pran isn't a fool. Pat is like a open book, always expressing through his eyes. He is not like Pran (never will). Pran can closed off his emotions. That is why he is not easy to read if someone wanted to.

Pran cover Pat once he settles. Pat look at Pran, moving freely in his room like he was there before. Pran likes everything to be neat and tidy. Pat's room is clean but not that clean in Pran's eyes. So he started cleaning obvious to how Pat's heart is working.

Why is he cleaning my room as if we are boyfriends?

Does he like me? Or is it me that likes him?

Shit, when did I started to like him?

Pat's mind twirled with emotions. Pran takes the book to the cupboard drawer, opening it and pausing.

It had a photo of Pat and Pran together, taken in the middle school where they were good friends and in the same band. Pran wrote a song with Pat's help. They never got to perform that.

Pran's mother, a long time enemy of Pat's father Ming, caught them that day. She violently made him leave the country, school, his friends and Pat.

Years later he joined the collage Pat is, in a hope to see his friend again. But Dissaya, Pran's mom, clearly said not to be his friend if he doesn't wanted to be moved again.

This made Pran stop the attempt. Pat also tried to talk, but Pran can hear Ming's yelling from his room that night. After that they both stopped. They eventually became enemies that their parents always wanted because of Korn and Wai's broken friendship and their fights.

Dissaya and Ming were friends too. Ming cheated on Dissaya with her collage scholarship making Dissaya hate him. It was their burden to carry. But they expect their children and their spouse to carry it too. So it naturally falls on both of them, making them enable to stay close to each other. Where in fact, they were destined to marry according to Dissaya and Ming when they were okay.

Pran felt nostalgic and emotional to see that photo again. The fact that Pat still have that photo, framed and taken care of. Pran lift the photo and turn to Pat.

"You still have this?"

Pat widen his eyes, and nodded. Both stayed silent for a moment. "Pat"

The vulnerability in Pran's voice is weakening Pat's heart. No he can't be weak? Pa will yell at him again. But (again) he fails.

Pat stretch his arms out. Pran ran and jumped into his hands, feeling like being complete as he always felt in his arms. Pat wrapped his arms around him tightly. Pran made sure he is not pressing his body in his legs.

"Prany, I miss you"

Pran chuckles. "I miss you too"

From that day, Something familiar and old aroused in their mind and heart. It must be the stolen friendship or the bond they shared or maybe a flicker of love.

But they were sure, being enemies is changing into something else. Something more beautiful and pure. Something that feels right.

Even if their parents have a problem with that,

they be damned.