CHAPTER 8 - (SK) Chances and Losses

The next day...after Taehyung was done with her car's transaction and after the money got transferred, dumiretso na siya sa bahay ampunan with the engineers to do the site inspection and finalization ng mga dapat ayusin sa buong facility.

Ang perang nakuha niya from selling her car was just enough for all the things to be done. Atleast, mapapanatag na siya na maayos at ligtas na ang lahat na nakatira sa orphanage. Their are even those teenagers who're temporarily staying as they soon set on their own feet again.

Oo't mami-miss niya ang first and only car niya, masaya naman siya na mas marami ang makikinabang ng pera. Gusto niyang atleast maranasan ng mga batang inabandona that they're safe... Just what she wished to feel for herself.

"You look so young to be working here Ms. Kim." The lead engineer of the team told her.

"Ah, nag-aaral pa po ako. Senior sa college po." Nakangiti niyang sagot. "Pero okay lang po, wala naman po kasi akong pinagkakabalahan sa ngayon, and malapit po kasi puso ko sa mga bata."

After the inspection, meeting and planning, Taehyung decided to go back to her house to rest. Dahil bukas, final presentation na nila. Duda niya kung papayag si Jungkook na makipagtandem sa kanya sa presentation, pero she wanted to be there kahit ayaw na nitong ipagpatuloy niya yung task niya sa presentation.

As dusk came, Jungkook was restless. Hindi siya mapakaling pabalik-balik sa kanyang temporary office sa building which is almost as luxurious as his dad's, the current CEO.

"Hindi ka pa ba uuwi Jeon? Our training here's done for the day." Hoseok asked him as they were set to go to the parking lot.

"Yeah, don't overwork tonight, presentation na natin sa case study bukas. We have to atleast get a decent sleep." Dagdag naman ni Suga.

"Yeah, susunod ako." He dismissed them na di man lang nagtapon ng tingin sa kanila. He was focused on his laptop's screen while sitting on his living space.

Instead of leaving, Hoseok came and sat beside him.

"That looks like your presentation tomorrow. Don't tell me hindi nyo pa natatapos Jeon. It's because of Taehyung right?" Hoseok waiting for his confirmation.

"No it's not like that actually. F*ck, I've been feeling guilty since last night." He crumpled his hair in frustration.

"What do you mean?" Suga asked as he dropped himself on the sofa, opposite of Jungkook and Hoseok.

"Last night, nagkasagutan kami ni Taehyung at her place." Jungkooks started.

"Palagi naman. What's new?" Komento naman ni Hoseok.

"I know, but last night was different. We may have said something hurtful. I called her selfish and walang pakialam. Well, that was after she slapped me hard on my face." Looking blankly on the screen.

"Nasampal ka? Well, not a surprise since siya lang naman ang hindi takot angasan ka. You're exact opposites. But we're just curious why." Yoongi said.

"Well, this is a little long story." The boys motioned for him to just continue with what he has to tell. "I went there for us to finish the study. It was my second time actually there, kasi kung di ko pupuntahan sa bahay nila, wala talagang kakapuntahan tung case namin. Sa sobrang pagod ko, I fell asleep. Nang magising ako, I looked for her and I saw her sleeping. And yes, I'm changing my mind, she's really beautiful. I may have been too close, na akala niya I was taking advantage of her, at sinampal ako. Gumanti naman ako ng masasakit na salita. Told her that it's her who's taking advantage of me for asking three hundred thousand just for her to cooperate. Called her selfish and other..."