CHAPTER 2 - (SK) First Steal

Jungkook can't get his case study partner out of his mind. Naiinis siya having Taehyung the last say kanina. He can't accept it, and to think ito pa ang may lakas magdemand.

Three hundred thousand for her time?

He was inside the university's basketball gym. He was suppose to have a little game with his friends, kapwa mga anak ng mga kilalang businessmen. He doesn't want to do it but his father insisted na kahit pamilya pa nila ang pinakamakapangyarihan, he still has to build a little positive relationship with them.

"Jeon, come on. Won't you want to play?"

"Sorry man. Wala akong gana today. You go ahead." He coldly declined.

"Are you having a text battle there? Baka sumabog yang cellphone mo sa lakas mong makapindot niyan." One jokingly said.

Jungkook didn't answer but gave him a menacing glare. Para naman agad naalala ng lalaki kung sino ang binibiro niya. Jungkook is an untouchable.

He held his hands up to Jungkook as if in surrender and walked back to the court.

Jungkook exited the gym and dialed Taehyung's number. Umiinit na ang ulo niya kung bakit hindi nito ni-rereplyan ang mga texts niya.

Was she really sleeping?

"Hello?" Jungkook heard her lazy voice on the other line. He cursed himself when he was somewhat affected to her voice.

"Finally..." Jungkook said, halata ang inis sa boses nito.

"What is it? Ano to? Bakit ang daming messages mo dito? Pwede ba, huwag ka masyadong atat gumawa ng case study na yan. I'm still sleepy." Taehyung said as she was about to end the call.

Gwapo ka pero sobrang pagod ako ngayon Jungkook. Gulo ng utak ko. She thought. All the girls chase him. Delusional na nga ang iba to tell people na boyfriend nila si Jungkook. I don't have the time. Gulo na ng isip ko sa pamilya kong di na yata ako sinasali.

"Kapal naman ng mukha mo Ms. Kim saying all that when in the first place, I don't need you as my partner!" He answered.

"Ano ba kinaiinis mo Mr. Jeon? First of all, I know you don't need anyone with this case. You're the topnotcher, breaking academic records this university had ever known---" Taehyung said as he cut her.

"How did you know?" Jungkook was curious. Paanong alam ni Taehyung ang lahat ng records niya? She's the laziest person he'd known.

G*go, syempre may-ari ang Tatay ko ng uni. At palaging ikaw ang bukambibig, kinukumpara kung gaano ako ka walangkwenta compared to you! Gusto niyang isigaw dito but she chose not to. She doesn't want to feed his ego even further.

"It doesn't matter. Just go with your case study, ako nang bahala sa sarili ko." Taehyung dismissed the issue between them.

"That's what I was planning to say. Kung alam mo lang Ms. Kim, ayokong kapartner ka sa project nato. But Mr. Reyes said there won't be no changes." Frustration was obvious in his voice.

"Then ready my 300K ang meet me tomorrow. Yan lang vacant time ko Mr. Jeon." Again, Taehyung was ahead of him..

"What the---"

"It's your choice Mr. Jeon. Let's work with my terms, or have a little red remark on your records. Bye!"

Muntik nang mahagis ni Jungkook ang kanyang cellphone sa sobrang inis sa babaeng yun.