18 - Shower Therapy

Madeline's POV

I dumped my luggage down on the tiles of the foyer as we entered Demetrius' home. In an odd kind of way it felt normal to be back within these walls, although this was only my second time.

"So do I have the same bedroom?" I chirped, watching him as he closed the large oak door behind him once he'd entered.

"Actually, I thought you could stay with me in my room." He answered. My heart faltered for a second.

We'd slept in the same bed only twice, both times were accidental, what would happen if we intentionally slept together?

"Do you think that's a good idea?"

He turned to look at me as he walked past, coming to pick both my suitcases up to carry up the staircase for me. "I don't bite, princess." He teased, giving me a wink as he began to walk. "Yet."

I knew I was blushing, what else was I supposed to do?

I knew he was referring to the mating bite, the notorious bite that symbolises the completed mate-ship of two people. Followed behind him as he ascended the stairs, trying to clear my head as I walked but failed as my mind became jumbled at the swirling possibilities that could take place in his bedroom.

After all, it was just us now.

My mother had allowed me to stay with Demetrius until the women are returned to their homes, but I don't know if that still applies once he and I have mated.

I became dizzy as I thought about it, how long until we do the dance of two consenting adults? Was I even ready to do something like that? Could I handle someone like him?

The first time we did anything he grabbed ahold of my neck and squeezed so tight, I couldn't breathe. Does he really have control over himself like he promises?

Demetrius led me down a long hallway, one that I hadn't gone down while I was here previously. At the end of the hallway stood a set of double doors, dark oak and framed with gold accents, a gold embellishment engraved with the words Renwick, the master bedroom of the home.

He unlocked one door and both slid open, revealing the large interior within. It was beautiful. Dark wood like the rest of the house, except this room included small accents of red furnishing, a deep red fur rug, a red bedspread, some red ornaments. It was like the home had never been personalised to any owner in particular.

"It's huge." I muttered as we entered, Demetrius placed my luggage by the dresser and gestured for me to sit on the bed.

"I left it untouched from my parents." Was all he said as he began unzipping my suitcases.

I squealed and dashed off of the bed, he did not need to see my undergarments. I squeezed in between him and my luggage and began rummaging through it. "I can unpack my own clothes."

He backed away with a low chuckle and sat on the arm chair off to the side.

"Got something in there I'm not allowed to see?" He teased, his tone low but playful. I blushed some more. When I didn't answer he nudged my leg with his foot. "I'm good at keeping secrets, princess."

I was going to come back with a snarky comment, something to rile him up a bit but I didn't get the chance to when we both heard the sound of floor boards creak down the hallway.

I watched as Demetrius shot out of his seat and stood in the middle of the room, shielding me from whoever was outside the door.

I wanted to ask him if anyone else has access to the home, or if he was expecting any visitors, but I didn't dare utter a sound. After everything that's happened this last week my mind was left reeling in the possibilities of what could be down that hallway, none of which were positive possibilities.