Chapter 6: The Dark Tablet

Cora and Doug's House, Mitis Town, Roria

Donald quickly adapted to his new routine. He'd wake up, eat breakfast with Cora and Doug, get ready for the day, and follow Cora to the Loomian Lab while Doug headed to the dig site. He'd help Derrick take care of the Beginner Loomian, although he was able to handle all of them mostly by himself, so Derrick was more focused on caring for the other Loomians. Cora would bring him lunch, and Eaglit would join them. At the end of the day, Cora and Donald would meet Doug at home, and they'd eat dinner together. 

Donald, at Derrick's request, began teaching the man Korean. Derrick was interested in learning a new language, and Donald wanted to continue speaking Korean at least a little each day so that he would never completely forget his home language. Derrick also helped Donald improve his Rorian.

~Donald Na: A Hero's Journey~

Mitis Dig Site, Mitis Town, Roria

Derrick was at the dig site with Doug, discussing the text inscribed in a tablet that they had recently unearthed. They had managed to translate the text when suddenly dark stormy cloud appeared. As it began to rain, the two men rushed over to the tablet.

To their shock, the tablet's engravement began to glow; the symbols floated off of the tablet and rearranged themselves before returning to the tablet.

"Fascinating..." 

~Donald Na: A Hero's Journey~

Cora and Doug's House, Mitis Town, Roria

"This just in! A storm has appeared out of nowhere in southeast Roria."

Donald had been setting up his brand new LoomiWatch when he heard the broadcast. Judging by the reporter's surprise, this isn't normal for this universe.

"Meteorologists are stumped by this anomaly in the weather that appeared so suddenly. As we continue to investigate, we will keep you informed. As always, tune into Roria News on 6 to stay up to date on everything happening."

Since the broadcast was over, Donald turned off the TV. He finished inputting his name into the LoomiWatch. The device was quite similar to a smartwatch from his home universe, but it could do so much more. It was much more advanced technology than his home universe; for example, the caller on the other end would appear as a mini hologram from the watch.

"Hey Donald, could you please come downstairs?" Cora called from the kitchen.

Donald noticed the urgency and concern in her tone, so he swiftly made his way downstairs. "What's wrong?"

"Doug called a moment ago." Cora explained, "He was at the dig site when the storm came. He said something very interesting has happened to the stone tablet he's been studying, and he insists on showing you."

"Do you think it might have something to do with traveling to other universes?" Donald asked.

"I'm not sure, he didn't give me any details." Cora said, "I need to go check on the Loomians at the lab. Head on over to the dig site. Be careful of the weather out there. The storm's pretty bad."

Cora threw on a jacket and ran out into the rain towards the Loomian Lab. Donald was already wearing his hoodie, so he pulled the hood on, and he headed out the door. 

Donald had never been to the dig site before, and there was no paved path directly leading to it, but it wasn't too difficult to find.

~Donald Na: A Hero's Journey~

Mitis Dig Site, Mitis Town, Roria

Donald arrived at the dig site, and he passed by all of the digging equipment. He was surprised that Doug seemed to be the only archaeologist at the site, instead of a whole team of archaeologists. He continued through the dig site until he found Derrick and Doug standing in front of a large stone tablet with symbols engraved in it.