Do You Love Me?

(Y/n P.O.V)

Three months.

You really couldn't believe that Enfield had been asleep for that long, completely unresponsive to anything. Who could've known that High Grade could be so poisonous to Minicons.

Knockout scolded you about drinking it, because after reading your vitals it seemed you were extremely close to catching the same poison in the Energon.

During these four months, you had been released from the Nemesis, finally being able to go on missions again. Though it sounded cruel, not having Enfield sticking to your side all the time was relieving.

Now that she was recovering in the MedBay, you had more time to spend with Shockwave and his experiments with the Predacons, and you had more time to spend with Soundwave.

And for some unknown reason, he seemed to be trying to stick by you as well. Because of low Autobot activity, you had been assigned to also work in the head of the Nemesis whilst Megatron plotted away on how to kill Optimus who was growing in power thanks to his...sword thingy. You hadn't bothered to learn the name of it.

Currently, you found yourself in Shockwave's lab, typing away at notes he wanted to keep down on records about his most recent experiment; Predaking. Tiredness was beginning to weigh on you as you slowly finished.

It was the Night Cycle of Earth right now, and not many people were up and about. Shockwave even sometimes would compare you to multiple nocturnal creatures on this planet, such as bats, or coyotes.

As soon as you wrote down the final sentence you quickly saved the document, then powering off the computer. For a moment you felt yourself drifting off into stasis, your body slowly leaning into the desk, optics darkening.

When suddenly, there was a sharp clattering sound that shot you back awake. You felt immediately on edge, As slowly and quietly as you could, you swapped out your servo for your blade.

With light, strategically placed steps, you peeked outside of the lab. The halls were empty, but there was something lying in the middle of one of the halls. With a raised optic ridge, you gently approached the object.

You kneeled down and picked it up in your servo that wasn't being used as a weapon. It was an empty Energon cube. You squinted, utterly confused.

Then, you heard a sound, and as you were about to turn around you felt something prehensile and slender wrap around your waist, and lift you into the air.

Without thinking, you whipped around, swinging your blade wildly, until you recognized a familiar triangular visor gazing at you. You stopped your onslaught, gaze narrowing in embarrassment, blade lowering.

"You're up late," you said, trying to break the awkward silence.

Soundwave's shoulder shook lightly as he set you down, gently letting his tendril unwrap from you and return to his own waist.

"Inquiry: What are you doing?" he asked.

You shrugged, brushing off your cloak and adjusting your hood that came close to falling off. The last thing you wanted Soundwave to see were your scarred faceplates and weird four eyes.

"I had some notes I had to put down on record, now, what are you doing clattering around at this time?" You put your servos on your hips.

Soundwave froze, even more than before. The pause he had concerned you, your gaze softening. What was he doing that got him all nervous like this?