We Lost More, But Learned From It

(Enfield P.O.V)

Enfield sobbed quietly as she sat in Starscream's personal quarters. Her knees were hugged to her chest and her wings were low. She used her strange metal scarf to wipe away some of the coolant.

It had been three days since Y/n had officially stored away their emotions. Y/n wasn't the same. Even though it had only been 4 Earth months since Y/n arrived on the Nemesis it felt like aeons to Enfield. The Minicon never hung out with her anymore and was always in the lab with Shockwave.

Enfield felt sparkbroken. But mostly confused. Why had Y/n simply just gotten rid of their emotions? Enfield suspected that it was because of how bad Y/n felt when they injured Soundwave though Enfield also thought it might be something more. Gossip spread throughout the Nemesis like an Earthian wildfire.

The only person Enfield was able to really vent too was Arachnid. The Insecticon had listened and given Enfield advice about what to do. Enfeild would've usually gone to Starscream but he had been busy as of late. The sound of familiar pede steps approaching the SIC's quarters made Enfield wipe the lubricants from her eyes and stand up straight. As expected Starscream strutted through, his heels clacking.

"Ah Enfield, finally I've been looking around the whole ship for you." He growled, and Enfield took a shaky breath, wiping away more coolant.

"S-sorry Star.." She trailed off and Starscream noticed her crying.

He approached her and kneeled down.

"What's wrong?"

Enfield let out a soft sob and wrapped an arm around her waist and the other servo brushed away tears. She tried to speak but her cries made it impossible. Though Starscream knew, he always knew.

"It's about Y/n, isn't it?" He asked and Enfield nodded.

He sighed gently and pulled her into an awkward hug. Enfield felt her faceplate flush with blue and she tensed, her processor clouded with nothing but thoughts of his touch.

"You shall not speak of this, got it?!" the SIC snapped, and Enfield smiled through her tears.

He then pulled away and rose to his full height once more and beckoned to Enfield. Enfield then followed her true Lord out of his quarters into the main bridge where Arachnid, Megatron and Soundwave stood. The silent mech typed furiously away into the dataset in front of him at the helm of the ship, his back facing Enfield.

A groundbridge was powered up right next to him. Megatron and Airachnid stood not too far from said Groundbridge. The Insecticon and Warlord looked over to the duo. Megatron spoke:

"Ah, Starscream, Enfield, so nice of you to join us." He mused, and Starscream tensed.

He then gestured to a smug standing Arachnid, and Enfield began to become uneasy.

"There is an instrument of great power that I need you two and Airachnid to retrieve, now go!" He commanded, pointing to the Groundbridge.

Starscream bowed with a nod and went through without another word, and Enfield scrambled from behind. A mission. The perfect way for Enfield to get her mind off of Y/n and what Enfield was going to do. As the trio went through the Groundbridge Enfield noticed a signal being sent through comms.

As they fully exited the Groundbridge Enfield recognised that they were in a forest. Starscream then explained to Enfield and Arachnid that they needed to follow the coordinates provided and start looking from there. He then transformed and shot off. As Enfield copied his movements she noticed that Arachnid had the alt-form of a Helicopter. Enfield thought that it was foolish and -dare she say it- illogical.