Spark Wrench

(Y/n P.O.V)

You flicked your wings back and forth tiredly.

You were beyond bored as all the work you had needed was finished and now that Starscream was placed back as Commander he couldn't give you anything else to do. And if you went to Lord Mehatron he'd probably send you to your death bed. Speaking of Starscream he had been resting in the medbay for quite awhile now. Poor Enfield wouldn't leave his side and would snap at anyone who came near. You found that behaviour rather concerning. Suddenly, the loud and gravelling voice of Megatron knocked you out of your thoughts.

"Y/n, I need you to go and investigate an abandoned decepticon instrument Soundwave has detected." He ordered, gesturing to Soundwave who's visor was lit up, showing the strange magnetic signal.

Then the thought finally registered and you panicked. You looked up and stared in slight fear at Megatron, though you tried to hide it.

"Alone?" You inquired, and he nodded.

You nearly stuttered but bit the stumbling words back down and you tried to find a logical explanation as to why you shouldn't go alone. You hated being alone, after being in that damned cell for so long. Infected wounds, torn wings, completely scarred face, practically bathing in your own energon. You shuddered at the memory and faced Megatron.

"With all due respect My Liege I do believe it'd be better for me to be accompanied by someone, if it's a strong signal then the Autobots have more than likely picked up said signal as well." You said.

Megatron hummed in thought, considering your statement before nodding. He then turned to the left and beckoned. When you followed his gaze with you o/c optics they widened when they landed on Soundwave. You wanted to protest but knew better than to press your Lord's orders.

"Soundwave will accompany you then, now go!" He snapped and you bowed with a nod.

Soundwave then beckoned to you and the two of you out onto the top of the Nemesis where the wind brushed against your shadowed faceplates. He then leapt off the edge and transformed mid-air and shot off. You weren't far behind, trailing just behind him and a little lower. It didn't take long for you and Soundwave to reach the signal. The land was barren and deserted, perfect. The two of you transformed and landed with a loud thud. The Communications Officer then strided over to a series of jagged rocks and clambered up them. You followed not far behind. The sight confused you. In the ring of the rocks was a strange device laying on the floor.

"Is that what's emitting the signal?" You asked, crossing your arms.

Soundwave also seemed confused and titled his head.

"Answer: unknown. Statement: Autobot lifeforms detected." The split up voices spoke eerily.

You growled when you heard the single statement of: 'Autobots'. Your digits then gingerly grazed the welded metal that covered your slowly healing injury. And as you did you wondered how Arcee and Bulkhead were doing with the injuries you and Enfield had given them. You hoped they were out of commision for a while, just so you could get a chance to beat the scrap out of a different one. Get to know the enemy to defeat the enemy. Shockwave told you that. Soundwave turned to you and his visor lit up before showing the signals and vitals of the Autobots Arcee and Bulkhead. You sighed and your wings tipped.

"Very well, you're the higher up here, what are we going to do?"

Soundwave then pointed a long slender digit towards a single formation of rocks and you gasped as you saw a flicker of blue and green.

"There they are. Engage?" You asked and the TIC shook his head and ushered you to lay low.

You mentally groaned but followed his orders. You knew better than to disrespect your higher up, you were a mere Minicon not a Commanding officer. As you crouched back down you felt your own arm brush up against his own. You lightly flinched. There is no way that it's true. You thought, gritting your denta. It won't happen again.