009┊❛ an old friend ❜

FIX YOU

FIX YOU.
real life

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ONE HOUR EARLIER !

JACKIE clocked into work with an exhausted sigh. after her argument with blake and everything, she just wants to rot in bed. she doesn't want to be working right now. and if she could choose, she'd be at the diner rather than the club. at least there, she doesn't have to deal with a load of drunken idiots.

but when she walks in to see a familiar blonde head sitting at the bar, she can't help but smile despite herself. and when the woman sees jackie, she smiles at her as well.

"mabel!" jackie says happily. "hi, how are you?"

"oh, i'm doing good." mabel answers, placing her chin in her hand as she rests her elbow on the countertop. she sits for a moment, appearing to be deciding whether or not to add something else. "actually, i'm doing pretty great compared to last time we spoke. and, honestly, i think it's mostly thanks to you."

"me?" jackie asks, confused.

"i know we've only spoken twice, but you've genuinely helped me a lot." mabel says, shyly. "i was in a super bad headspace a few days ago, and now i feel better than i have in a long time."

jackie doesn't respond. she watches mabel carefully, letting her finish her thoughts before replying.

"i think the fact that you seemed to actually care about me just changed my mindset. i dunno, it's probably stupid, but i owe you for that."

when jackie first met mabel, she was wasted. she looked like she was on the verge of collapsing with her messy makeup and even messier hair. but now, she looks like a well put-together woman. her blonde hair is neatly brushed, her makeup done in a way to beautifully highlight her sharp features.

jackie helps women out all the time. a club can be a very dangerous place if you don't know your way around it. and after almost a year of working here, jackie likes to think she knows how to handle most situations.

so she hadn't thought much of it when she started talking to mabel, letting the stranger confide in her. but the more jackie got to know her, the more determined she was to not let anything bad happen to her. not if she could help it at least.