Chapter 11: The future of Lyla

2 years had passed since the fall of Jurassic park.

now 16 year old Lyla was sitting in her room at her grandparents was listening to music on her Walkman. She thought back to the park and missed feeding all the herbivores and taking care of them.

She at least got to take Callie home with her, despite her grandfathers reluctance to have a literal dinosaur in the house, her grandmother decided it was fine as long as Lyla kept Callie fed.

Callie never had thoughts of attacking any of Lyla's friends or her grandparents but she did have a few run ins with the cat who decided to hunt her like a mouse but the cat lost every time due to Callie showing the cat who was boss.

Lyla on the other hand tried to find a job like she had a couple of years ago, her grandparents were still struggling to keep their house and to keep Lyla fed and whatnot.

While listening to her music she heard a song that reminded her of Lex and Tim, she wondered what they were up to but more importantly she missed Alan, she missed the conversations they had and his compassion towards her and as she lay in her bed the door opened.

Lyla saw her grandmother and took off her earphones wondering what was up

"Lyla can I speak to you for a sec?" Her grandma asked

"Sure grandma what's up?" Lyla replied

"I've been holding this from you for a while now but your grandfather and I just can't support you anymore."

"Yeah I know I'm aware, anything else that's new?

"No Lyla I mean we have to downsize to a place that's enough for myself and grandpa. I know you're not 18 yet but.."

"Are you saying you're going to kick me out?! Leave me on the streets to probably die?"

"No that's not what I'm saying at all"

"Then what are you saying, please enlighten me grandma!" Lyla said tears welling up in her eyes

Lyla's grandma went up to her and rubbed her back saying

"Look Lyla I'm sorry we couldn't support you, if it  wasn't for your fathers actions life would have been different"

"I know it would have but I'll thank him because he gave me an opportunity to work with animals like Callie and to make friends with people I wouldn't have become friends with" Lyla replied.

Lyla's grandma just nodded and left Lyla to process the info and Callie went to comfort Lyla.

"You know Callie, on the tree that night after the T. rex attacked I wished that Alan would come and rescue me and have me live with him. What are we going to do Callie?"

Callie just chirped and Lyla chuckled and said out loud "what am I even saying, it's not like you're going to respond back to me"

Just as Lyla said that the door opened and in walked Alan Grant saying "you're going to do exactly what you were wishing you could do."

Lyla jumped off the bed and ran up to Alan, hugging him and she didn't hold back any of her tears, even if they were happy and sad tears.

"You can't be serious right?! No this is a dream I'm just dreaming" Lyla pinched herself but she felt it

Both her grandparents came up and in the grandpas hand was a legal document stating that Lyla was to be under the parent/guardianship of Alan Grant.

Lyla read it over and saw that Lyla would become an adoptive daughter of Alan and could take on his last name. She immediately did and became Lyla-mayfield Grant.

Just a little under two years later she was happily working as the leader of the young palaeontologists under Alan's watch and she enjoyed it.

While trying to get the computer working again she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see her best friend Lex Murphy standing in front of her.

"Oh my gosh Lex hiii" Lyla said

"Hey Lyla" Lex replied

"So what are you doing here, how have you been?" Lyla asked

"I've been doing well, I hate to be this person but I'm not here just to catch up."

"Yeah I figured, I don't know why else you would drive out to the middle of nowhere in Montana." Lyla said

"My grandpa wants to see you personally, he's booked you and Mr Grant a flight to San Francisco."

AN: so I just want to make it known for timeline purposes, Alan adopted Lyla at age 16 in 1995 and then Lex approached Lyla when Lyla was 18 in December of 1996 to match up with the timeline.