Chapter 8: The Tree

Tim and Lyla had been hanging in the tree and both of them were scared for their lives and Grant then shouted "Timmy, Lyla!"

Tim, felt himself getting sick and said it to Lyla and so Lyla ripped off a piece of her shirt to let Tim throw up and she was slightly disgusted but she understood why he would.

Lyla took her knife she had and cut themselves out and once Grant came he took them out of the jeep but they had to climb down.

"I threw up" Tim said

"That's ok, but let's get you both out of here"
Grant said

Tim was now scared to climb down the tree and Lyla said "it's ok Alan go on I'll handle it"

Grant climbed back down to go see what lex was up to and Lyla said "ok I get you're scared so how about this you hop on my back and we'll go down together."

Tim immediately got on Lyla's back and they climbed down and got to the ground.

Later after mapping out where to go they decided to climb a tree and rest there until the morning, but before they heard a bellowing and grant mimicked their bellowing

"No no stop the monsters will come over here" Lex protested

"They're not monsters Lex, they're herbivores" Lyla assured her

"They only eat vegetables but for you I think they'd make an exception"
Tim Joked

"Hey that's not nice but I think Lex meant the other kind" Lyla said

"So what are you going to do if you can't dig dino bones?" Lex asked

"I guess we'd have to evolve too" Grant replied

Then Tim cracked a couple jokes which lex, Lyla and Grant laughed at.

"What if the dinosaur comes back while we're asleep" Lex asked

"I'll stay up all night" Grant replied

"All night?" Lex asked skeptically

"All night" Grant said

The two young kids fell asleep and it was just Lyla and Grant awake now.

"So I noticed that you weren't to fond of the kids" Lyla said

"Yeah I never really liked em and if I got married I never would have them but these two changed something in me" Grant said

He continued "so got any relatives at home?"

"Lyla then opened up, well my mom died when I was young and my dad took it super hard and went down a path of abuse and getting drunk and i moved in with my grandparents, he tried winning custody of me and Gennaro was his lawyer and my dad was super close but my grandparents paid a lot of money to change Gennaros mind. But I took this job to help my grandparents and myself"

Grant looked at her with sympathy and said "well I think Gennaro became dessert for the T. rex"

Lyla laughed and decided to try to stay up to protect Lex and Tim but Grant simply said "it's alright Lyla you've had a rough day so you should owe it to yourself to sleep"

Lyla then closed her eyes and with Lex and Tim asleep on grants chest, Lyla laid down and slept on his lap.

Grant simply smiled and decided if the occasion should arise he would adopt Lyla or at least become a guardian that she would trust.

AN: well we're about done the story then we move on to the lost world so hope you enjoyed this chapter and the book.