Chapter 2 - Ezra

| September 15th | Friday |

The first week of college is done and I'm so over it already. I just want holidays again! I'm 21 now, I'm too old for this shit! Thanks god this is my last year.

Gabe asked me and the guys to hang out in a few minutes and I'm getting ready right now. After styling my hair and doing my make up I step out of my bathroom.

I'm feeling like the luckiest person on earth because I have a dorm all for myself

I'm feeling like the luckiest person on earth because I have a dorm all for myself. When I tell people that they always ask me if I don't feel lonely without a roommate but hell nah. I like being on my own.

I've always been quite the loner. I barely had friends in high school. But that all changed when I met my best friends Ricky and Ethan. We met in the first year of college and immediately got along and bonded over music and art. Since we've became friends we're in a band together. I'm the lead singer and here and there play guitar. Ethan is the drummer and Ricky is the bassist. Ricky is 21 and is basically my big brother.

I actually have a little brother; Max, who's 16

But Ethan also feels like my little brother.

Well he's only a few months younger than me but he's so goofy and funny, just like my little brother

Well he's only a few months younger than me but he's so goofy and funny, just like my little brother. I love Ricky and Ethan to death, they're the best. I wouldn't know where I would be without them.

My mom is a single mom, since Max was born. When my dad left us I was still little, so I don't really remember much of him. But I've hated him since I could think of. The way he was to my mom was horrible and I will never forgive him for that. Not that he has tried to make it up to us. Since my mom has been caring for us alone, with my grandparents help here and there, I had a job since I was 15. That way I could pay for most part of my tuition, so my mom didn't have to invest so much in my college fund.

There's suddenly a knock on the door. "Coming!" I call out. I quickly grab my phone and my pack of cigarettes before walking over to the door. When I open it I'm face to face with Gabe. "Ready to go?" He asks with a smug grin. I grab my leather jacket and put it on, putting my phone and the cigarettes in the pockets. "Yep." I answer before closing the door and locking it behind me. Then we make our way outside and to our usual hangout spot, which is basically just under a big tree on campus.

Gabe and I met last year at a party and hit it off. He's just such a fun guy to be around and he just gets me.

"So..I made a new friend last week." Gabe says as we walk out of the building. I turn my head to look at him and raise an eyebrow. "Last week? Like- Sunday?" I ask surprised and he nods proudly. "Her name is Hanna and she's super cool." He says with a smile. I frown. "You mean the ginger girl in art history?" I ask and he nods quickly. "Isn't she like- some famous actors daughter?" I add and he nods again, pressing his lips together. "Yeah, but we shouldn't define her by that. She's her own person. And she's really nice and super fun. I think you gonna like her." Gabe tells me while wrapping his arm around my shoulder and I shrug. "We'll see ."

When we arrive at the tree Ricky and Ethan are already there. Ricky even got his guitar with him. "Hey guys." I greet them with a smile before sitting down in the grass next to them. "So when's your new friend coming?" I ask curiously as I look over to Gabe, who just sat down as well. But just then I notice her walking over to us. Okay, I haven't really seen her up close before but damn, she's hot!
"Hi." Hanna greets us with a shy smile and then goes to sit down next to Gabe. "I'm Hanna, it's nice to meet you all." She adds and we all smile at her. But I'm a little more..suspicious about her. She's probably a spoiled rich girl and I don't really vibe with them.

While the others chat with Hanna and get to know her I'm more quiet and observant. But when I take out my cigarettes I sigh. I forgot my lighter. "Does anyone have a lighter?" I ask around while holding my cigarette between my fingers. "I do." Hanna says, which makes me raise an eyebrow surprised. "Do you smoke?" I ask curiously but she shakes her head immediately. "Why do you have a lighter then?" I ask with a small frown. "It has a cat eating chips on it. I thought it was cute." Hanna mumbles embarrassedly and I can't help but chuckle softly. "Cute." I comment with a crooked smile and I catch her cheeks turning red at that.

Then I lean closer to her, so she can light my cigarette. Since it's a little windy I put my cigarette in my mouth and then my hands around my cigarette, to hide it from the wind, as she puts the flame to the tip of the cigarette. That makes my hands slightly brush against hers. Somehow that gave me chills. God, am I that single that something like that does something to me? When I look back up to Hanna's face I find her biting her lip at me. She looks so dorky. Like she's so concentrated to keep that light on.

Okay, maybe I'll like Hanna. But I won't make it that easy for her.