Chapter 1

As Fierce was practising his battle moves with Keen, he suddenly spotted a slim figure in the distance. Keen felt that there was something wrong with Fierce. ''Did you see something?'' He asked him as he tried to find what Fierce was looking at. ''It's nothing... I thought I saw a phoenix.'' Keen's voice rose with alarm. ''Dude, that's important! We must tell Ember. If a phoenix dares to trespass our territory, they will be punished!'' Fierce looked back. Alert for any attack as he followed Keen back to the Tribe Camp. Ember heard them push through the vines at the entrance. ''Back so soon?'' She asked them unexpectedly. ''I saw a phoenix and wanted to inform you,'' Fierce said with a brave stance. He didn't want to look weak to his leader. ''It may be a threat.'' Ember walked towards them to hear them clearer. ''Where did you find it, Fierce?'' She said my name, oh, Tribe of Stars, help me. ''I- uh... What was your question?'' Fierce said nervously, wanting to curl up into a ball. Ember looked a bit disappointed. ''Where did you find the phoenix?'' She repeated louder. ''At the border near the cliff,'' Keen saved him from embarrassment. ''We will take you there.'' Fierce followed Keen and Ember. As Ember took the lead, Keen slowed his pace to catch up with Fierce and whispered in his ear. ''Is something bothering you about her?'' Fierce was silent for a moment, looking for an answer. ''I... No, I just... I had a moment where I couldn't speak well.''

''Like that ever happens.'' Keen mumbled. ''Yes it does!'' Fierce's voice was loud enough for Ember to hear. ''Are you boys okay?'' She asked curiously. Keen looked at his friend, who visibly flustered while day dreaming about Ember, then he turned his head back to Ember. ''Yeah, were fine! Just arguing about something.'' Ember was getting impatient. ''Well, we're here now, so can you be quiet? It may have heard us.'' She whispered. ''Hey, pssht! Fierce, right?'' The phoenix whispered to him. ''Come here.'' Fierce looked back at his friend and leader, who were searching for the phoenix. ''I- Okay, I guess...'' He followed her into the bush and they came out into a beautiful flower field which Fierce has never seen before. ''Wow, what- what is this place? And are you the phoenix I saw running earlier while I was battle training?'' He looked disappointed at the young phoenix. ''Yeah, I was spying on you,'' She admitted. ''I am Twinkle. Want to be friends?'' Fierce looked surprised. ''Uhm... Sure?'' He was unsure if cross-Tribe friendships were allowed. Twinkle was running around the flower field, signalling to Fierce with her tail to follow her. Twinkle and Fierce stopped chasing each other as Fierce's leader called him. ''Fierce! Have you found the phoenix yet?'' Twinkle looked him sadly in his eyes. ''Are you going already?'' Fierce quickly ran through the flowers and the bush. ''What were you doing there?'' Fierce blushed with shame. ''Sorry, I thought I could find the phoenix here,'' He looked down at his talons. ''I didn't see it there.'' He quickly added. They went for a walk back to the camp. I feel like this tribe isn't where I belong. I want to be a phoenix instead... He thought to himself. He was insecure about himself after seeing a phoenix for the first time. He has only been a Cave-Guard with his friend, Keen, after the previous Cave-Guards have gone to the Tribe of Stars after a battle with the Tribe of Soaring Flames. He wasn't able to come to the battle, because he was too weak back then. As they pushed through the vines, the healer, Roar, greeted them. ''Hey, Ember. I heard about the phoenix,'' Ember walked towards him as Fierce and Keen disappeared into their dens. ''Hello, Roar. I think the phoenix is gone. At least, we haven't found it in any of our territories.'' Fierce walked past his friend as Keen was already making his nest more comfortable. ''Fierce, do you need some moss for your nest?'' He asked with some moss in his beak. ''No, I deserve to sleep with thorns in it.'' Keen understood that his friend was embarrassed of what happened today. ''Okay, just tell me if you need something. Roar has more moss in his den.'' As Fierce was trying to sleep, blue clouds appeared around him. ''Fierce! Look! I can walk through dreams!'' A familiar voice yelled. ''Twinkle? Is that you?'' Fierce flew through some clouds, but when he saw Twinkle, he stopped. ''Hey, Fierce! What are you dreaming about?'' She said, smiling. ''I- Uh- This? I guess...'' He said confused. ''We're friends, right? Do you want to play?'' Fierce looked like he has chased a rabbit around his whole territory. ''No, I'm tired, Twinkle. Don't you have any other friends? Maybe some close to your age?'' Twinkledidn't know how to answer that, because Coal, the other to-be and her brother, isn'tvery nice to her. ''Why don't you rest a bit? We can meet up at the flowerfield tomorrow!''