Chapter 6 - Blind Banker Part 2

Plates and cutlery clink gently, mixing the noises of meals and the buzz of conversation or laughter. The restaurant was quite fancy and located in a good spot in Central London.

Y/n and Sherlock, upon being informed of Sebastian's reservation at the restaurant, decided to pop on by, with announcements.

Their shoes clinked of the polished flooring as they walked over to his table; him busy entertaining them.

"... and he's left trying to sort of cut his hair with a fork, which of course can never be done!" Sebastian chuckles with his mouth full, pouring himself another cup of that very nice wine.

Without any care or decorum, Sherlock announced, "It was a threat. That's what the graffiti meant."

The urge to facepalm traversed both Y/n's and John's minds.

Couldn't he even say good evening? Y/n wondered at the oblivious tall detective who stared smugly at the table.

Sebastian was clearly uneasy and cleared his throat before answering Sherlock, "I'm kind of in a meeting. Can you make an appointment with my secretary?"

"I don't think this can wait. Sorry, Sebastian. One of your traders – someone who worked in your office – was killed."

The conversation that had continued at this business table stopped abruptly, all eyes now on the trio. "What?" Sebastian exclaimed, now completely disinterested in that gourmet veal in his shiny plate.

Y/n decided to take up the talking, havig a more human approach to this, "I'm sorry Mr. Sebastian. One of your Asian operatives,  Van Coon, has been killed. The police are currently at his flat as we speak."

Sherlock did a little side movement with his head, meaning yeah, exactly what she said.

"Killed?"

Too tired of this, Sherlock countered in his most sarcastic tone, "Sorry to interfere with everyone's digestion. Still wanna make an appointment? Would, maybe, nine o'clock at Scotland Yard suit?"

Sherlock slightly amused Y/n with his antics and how he couldn't read a room or understand human relations as well as their emotions. 

Sebastian put down his glass of water and nervously ran his finger inside his shirt collar, tugging it away from his sweating neck.

"Right. Got to go the gents." Sebastian mumbled, pushing his seat back and gesturing to the trio. Y/n had to stay behind and for the duration of the intermede, looked back and forth between the bankers, awkwardness thick in the dinner air.

"Aren't you going to offer the lady a chair?" Y/n asked, smiling brightly at them, before pulling one for herself and joining them. A few of them cleared their throats and kept eating in utter silence, awaiting and expectant. The atmosphere was stiff, no one uttering a word, solely rivetted on their plates. 

Approximately fifteen minutes later, Sebastian entered once more the dining room, muttering an excuse me before going back to his confident self, indulging in this lavishness.

Y/n felt even more like the odd one out and desperately waited for the other two to leave the bathroom so they could go back to 221b.

Sebastian's voice rung out once more, now turned towards her, "Are you a diplomat?"

"No." Y/n curtly answered.

"Media?" he continued, sudden sparked with interest for the young lady.

Well, that's great, Y/n thought to herself, allowing herself to be pulled into the conversation.