Chapter 4

Allyson POV

"Alright, take 10 minutes to warm up, and then we will do some intense training. I need to see if you can handle the pressure", Coach yelled to everyone in the tryout.

I met with my best friends, Jordyn and Rebecca, to warm up. We are all part of the track team and are excited to see what we can do. As of right now, I hold multiple school records in track, and I was not about to let anyone steal it.

"Does anyone ever like Coach's ugly voice?" Jordyn said as she stretched her legs.

"Imagine if you are her boyfriend," Rebecca said.

We laughed as we finished warming up. Once everyone was ready, we started on our 3-mile run. The objective is to keep jogging until the end and to finish it within an hour and a half. Everyone groaned as the coach blew the whistle. We were on the track field, and some of our supporters were in the bleachers. Brooklyn was sitting next to my boyfriend, Kyson.

Kyson and I have been dating since sophomore year. We have had the title "Perfect Couple" since then. We always do everything together. This past summer, we have grown a little apart due to Kyson working all the time. He started working with his dad, which took up much time. The only thing we haven't done is sex. I am not the type that would have sex every day. I am a virgin, and no one knows except for my two best friends. Kyson spoke with me about it, but I said I didn't want to do it yet.

I focused on the track and maintained a steady pace. I trailed behind, but that was normal since I didn't want to use all my energy upfront. Rebecca and Jordyn stayed with me, and we spoke while running.

Jordyn had to leave during the summer because she was visiting her grandparents. I could tell that she had changed since the visit. Her body seems sterner, and her physical health is better than before. She must have been working out a lot during the summer. Rebecca and I hang out a lot during the summer. When I was not working or running, I would go to Rebecca's house, or she would come to mine. Mostly to mine.

After 2 miles done and we were at the last stretch, I took off, leaving Jordyn and Rebecca behind. It wasn't long before they caught up, and we were all pumping our arms to the finish line. Jordyn and I were competing for the lead as we got closer. I took the last bit of energy and opened the gap between us, allowing me to take first place with 50 minutes and 16 seconds. Jordyn was second with 50 minutes and 20 seconds. Rebecca soon joined with 50 minutes and 28 seconds. We were the only ones who had finished the 3-mile run.

I lay on the ground, gasping for air. That was a close call. I looked over at Jordyn, who was still standing, breathing hard.

"What the hell?" I said to her. She looks at me, confused. "How are you still standing?"

"Been working out," she replied with a grin. I laugh, getting her hint.

She told me she had a boyfriend at her grandparents' house. I got up and started stretching. I felt someone staring at me from a distance. I looked around and noticed my boyfriend and Brooklyn were not at the bleachers. Where did they go? I looked around some more, but I couldn't find them. I still sensed someone staring. It wasn't a creep staring but something more like a warm stare.

I saw where Coach was. She was talking to two girls who had just arrived. She didn't look happy that they were there. I was curious as I stared at the girls. One of them was facing me, and it seemed like she was staring back at me. From where I was, it was hard to see who it was.

"Hey Allyson, what are you doing?" Jordyn asks, plotting down next to me. It had been about 5 minutes, and some more people started to finish the 3-mile run. The assistant coach was doting everyone time.