Chapter 1

Allyson Pov

Buzz Buzz.

I slowly open my eyes, blinking away the fatigue from last night. I glance at the clock, and it blinks 5 AM in red. I turn off the alarm and get out of bed. It's a new day, and the sun hasn't risen yet.

My name is Allyson Hall, and I am the eldest daughter of the Hall family in Pinewood City, a town entirely of wealthy people. My father is the best DEA in the city and owns some of the significant companies locally and internationally. You can say that my family is the wealthiest people in the town. My mother is the best doctor. However, their work commitments often leave them unable to be there for me and my younger sister. As a result, I had to mature quickly and take on responsibilities at a young age. Despite not yet being 18 years old, I consider myself a mature individual. I am a high school student, and in two weeks, I will be thrilled to start my senior year at Pinewoods High.

It's 5:15, and I'm heading out to run in the woods. I'm a talented track athlete determined to catch the scouts' attention this year to attend college. With only two weeks left of summer break, I'm using every opportunity to focus on my goal. Luckily, my family owns 70 acres of the Pinewood forest right next to our house. I can run in my backyard and still not reach the end.

I love nature. It has always had a calming effect on me. I started the tracker on my Apple Watch for my morning run to run 3 miles within an hour. I usually run on a trail, which helps me improve my parkour skills. As I mentioned earlier, I am a skilled athlete.

After completing my morning run, I shower to initiate cold therapy and start my day. During the summer before my junior year, I began creating anonymous art that people purchased. Some of my artwork is available online, while others are painted on canvas. This hobby started when I was young, and I never expected to make much money from it. However, this summer, I spent more time perfecting my online artwork, which proved more financially rewarding.

I recently completed a drawing of a wolf that I used to encounter during my runs in the forest. It had black fur with a white marking on its left arm. Unfortunately, I could never get close enough to see what kind of marking it was. The wolf had beautiful, deep golden eyes I could gaze at for hours. Sadly, I did not spot it today, but maybe I will next time. I have saved the image in my private drafts folder, as I usually do not sell images that are personal to me, hence the reason for keeping my identity anonymous.

My parents are supportive of me despite being busy all the time. However, their support will come with a "Business deal." You can do what you want, but I want you to attend college and learn about business—learn how to grow financially. At least it wasn't about marriage or anything else. I accepted the deal.

"Allyson!" my mother called from downstairs, "Come down for lunch."

My sister, Brooklyn, was already down there, playing on her phone. She was a year younger than me and a high school junior. She was giggling and laughing at a text message her boyfriend sent her. I don't know who it is; she won't tell me, but I respect her boundaries.

"Good morning," I said to everyone. My dad was wearing his black suit with his hair slick back. He was a fit person and was in better health than most men in their 50s. My mother was the same. She was a marathon runner at a young age and never stopped running. Most of the time, she would run with me in the morning; however, they had just returned from a banquet in the city hall. She was wearing her doctor's uniform and was cooking an egg sandwich.

"Good morning, princess," my father said after drinking his black coffee, "Are you ready for today?"

Today was the track tryout. They will do it all day today and let us know the result on the first day of school, which puts a lot of pressure on me.

"Yes, I am ready", I said.

"Good, I am proud of you for committing. You are doing amazing, and I can't wait for the future" " my mother said. She was always supportive of me, no matter what. She is the only one who knows about the art I sell.

"Princess, tomorrow I will need you to come to the office. The best way for you to obtain knowledge is through the real world," My father said. My father was always a businessman. He is supportive as long as it has a positive effect. He can be strict, but primarily because of my potential.

I smiled and nodded. I knew it was not up for debate; the deal has been active since I was a freshman. I would go on weekends to shadow my dad and his businesses.

"Come on, sis, we need to go so we won't be late," Brooklyn said.

I smiled at my parent and went out to the garage. Brooklyn was trailing behind me as I went to the board with all the keys attached to it.

"What should we ride today?" I ask my sister.

The board obtains most of the luxury cars. I am between my black Porche 911 with a custom exhaust and my white Mclaren 750s Spider.

"Let's do Spider. It's not noisy", my sister said.

I shrugged and took the keys.

The sun was out, and it was a beautiful day. What could go wrong?