33 | Breakthrough Breakdown

Adrien and Marinette walked in his bedroom and dropped their schoolbags by the door. Felix was already waiting for them on the couch.

"Hey, Felix," Marinette greeted, trying to be nice.

He chuckled and said, "Wow, you guys are really joined at the hip now. I swear Adrien doesn't go anywhere without his bug."

She raised a closed fist and growled, "You make it so hard to like you."

"Funny, I can say the same about you," Felix spat back.

"Can you guys not fight? Please?" Adrien asked, exhausted.

Marinette crossed her arms. "Fine... I'm going to look for something to snack on before I watch a movie." She walked out of his bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

Felix stood up and walked over. "So, what's wrong, cousin? What do you need my help with?"

Adrien pulled out his phone and opened the texts from the unknown number. He showed him. "I started getting these about a month ago."

Felix read the texts and his eyes widened. He looked up and with a fast arm, punched his cousin's arm. "And you only just told me now?!"

"Ow!" Adrien winced. "I was scared! They threatened Marinette... I didn't think I could tell anyone without them going after her."

His cousin rubbed his temple and muttered, "Ugh, we don't need this right now..." 

"I know."

"Do you have any idea who this could be?"

"Well, at first I thought it was you," Adrien admitted.

Felix glared at him. "You can't be serious." 

"As a prank! But then I realized that'd be stupid."

"You're stupid," His cousin insulted.

Adrien rolled his eyes. "Then I saw Lila at school acting all weird and suspicious. Are you able to trace the number and see who it belongs to?"

"Of course. It'll just take a few hours. You can be without your phone for that long, right?"

"Yes..."

"Good, because I'm going to need to keep this for now." Felix pocketed his cousin's phone. "I'm assuming you haven't told your girlfriend yet?"

Adrien shook his head. "No... and I don't know if I should."

"I thought you guys didn't keep secrets from each other anymore?" He asked. 

"What if this just puts Marinette in danger? Whoever this person is, they have no problem putting all the blame on Marinette. They could frame her for what I did!"

Felix put his thumb against his chin as he thought out loud. "That is strange... why would this anonymous person want to help you?"

"I don't know."

His cousin shrugged. "Well, it's not up to me if you tell Marinette or not—"

"Tell me what?"

Adrien and Felix spun around and saw Marinette standing by the bed with a big bowl of popcorn and three sodas.

How much of that did she hear?! Adrien wondered to himself, worried.

Felix chuckled. "Well, I guess you might as well tell her."

"What's going on?" She asked as she glanced between the two look-a-likes.

"Marinette..." The model whispered as he avoided eye contact and tried to find the courage to tell his girlfriend the truth.