20 | The Threats That Bind Us

Felix stood there with wide eyes, his jaw hanging open. "I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you correctly. Did you say you... killed... your father?"

Adrien nodded.

The model explained everything to his cousin, about all the abuse he endured from his father for years. How Gabriel would hit him, scream at him, almost every single day of his life since his mother disappeared. How he was forced to model for magazines and ads and billboards day after day, year after year, and how he was constantly locked away in his bedroom. How he was silenced with the threat of being taken out of school and the fear of never seeing his friends again.

Adrien told Felix about what happened the night it all ended, when he killed his own father. How Gabriel came into his room, and they got in a fight—yet again—but this time it was worse. It was life and death. How his father had been choking him, his own son, and in a split second without even realizing, Adrien transformed and used Cat Noir's power—cataclysm—and murdered him, his own father, without thinking or without a conscience to stop him.

He told his cousin everything, every interaction he and his father ever had, every bruise and black eye his father ever gave him.

Adrien cried and cried, and Felix held him. "Why didn't you ever tell me this was happening?" He asked quietly, still in shock on hearing all of this. "My mother and I would've helped you. You could've come and lived with us in London."

"I didn't have the courage to speak up. I thought I deserved what he did to me. I mean, he is—was—my father, and he just wanted the best for me. Or his best."

Felix pulled back and stared closely at his cousin. "If Uncle Gabriel weren't already dead, I'd kill him myself."

Adrien laughed. It was the first time he's laughed since... "Thanks, I guess?"

"So, what did you guys do?" Felix asked, still confused. "I mean, Paris thinks he ran away..."

"We knew an investigation would happen when Gabriel Agreste's disappearance hit the news," Marinette began to explain. "There'd be no way no one would want to look for him, so we faked the letter Officer Roger found in Gabriel Agreste's desk and convinced Paris he simply just gave up and ran."

Felix nodded. "Wow, that's impressive. You two seem to be pretty good at this."

Adrien frowned and Marinette rolled her eyes.

"You know what else I'm pretty good at?" She asked the look-a-like.

Before Felix could answer, she stepped forward, bearing an angry glare that terrified him to the core, and he stepped away until his back hit the door.

Marinette grabbed his tie and pulled him down to her eye level. "Revenge," She threatened with such angry malice. "You betray us, you use this information to hurt Adrien and ruin his life... I will hunt you down to the ends of the earth. There's nowhere you can hide, not even from me. I will make you regret every decision you've ever made. I will pry that brooch from your cold, dead hands if it's the last thing I do."

Felix smirked. "Is that a threat or a promise?" He teased with a wink.

Adrien pulled Marinette back and wrapped an arm around her waist. "Back off, Felix."

"What? I'm just messing around," His cousin said. "I'm all bark, no bite. Unless she wants me to..."

She shook her head. "No, I don't."

Felix rolled his eyes. "Yes, yes. You're madly in love with my cousin. If it's just his looks, then I don't see the problem with me?"

Marinette raised her arm to smack him, but Adrien grabbed her wrist. "Mari—"

"Let me go, Adrien."

"Felix is just trying to get a reaction out of you. Trust me, I'd know." He glared at his cousin. "I grew up with him."

She dropped her arm. "So? Are you keeping this secret with us?"

Felix raised his right hand. "Til the day I die."

Marinette grinned. "Don't worry, I can make that happen... if it comes to it."

Adrien sighed. "You two will eventually get along... right?"

Marinette and Felix share a book before they both turned away and crossed their arms.

"Right... only time will tell."

Loud knocks on the front door echoed throughout the house.

Adrien, Marinette, and Felix ran out of the guest room and ducked by the staircase. They watched as Nathalie walked over to to open the front door.

Two men in black suits stood in the archway.

"Can I help you?" Nathalie asked.

"My name is Officer Reimer, and this is my partner, Officer Laurent. We're with the National Police."