Eleven

After the game, Leah and I spent the rest of the weekend together in private, but we kept our distance on the pitch because we were both planning to travel to Leah's hometown in the two weeks between games , where Leah could introduce Millie to her family.

In the days leading up to our trip to Milton Keynes, Leah had stopped over to spend some time with us at our new home. When I tried to request time off my new job for those days and the weeks we had planned to spend in Milton Keynes, I was told that it was impossible so i had to head in to work the day before we left. Although at first I was hesitant about having Leah take care of Millie while I was at work, I eventually warmed up to the idea after seeing first hand how much joy they brought to one other in each other's company.

"Are you sure that you can handle spending the whole day with her? I can bring her to the nursery at work, so you can hang out with the girls who are still around" I questioned, attempting to hide my apprehension about leaving them alone for the first time.

She comes up to me as I'm standing in the kitchen preparing to go to work, puts her arm around me, and lifts me up to the counter. "We'll be fine, my love, and if I need help, I'll just phone Louisa, Katie, Beth or Jen" Behind my ear, she whispers, "Go to work and have a good shift."

As she kisses me all the way down to my collarbone, I feel her eyes on me. I had a 12-hour shift ahead of me, so why was she trying to tease me like this?! The sensation of her lips against my skin sent shivers up my spine. As her hand slides under my top and his other rests on my waist, pushing her fingers in tighter, I let out a faint, "Leah"

She leans in close and murmurs, "What's wrong Baby?" while biting my ear lobe.

"Stop teasing me; I have to get to work!" I reply, tearing myself away from her.

I jokingly brush her away and tell her that I'm going to be late, asking her to save it for when I get home while giving her a wink. As I gather my work bag and make my way towards her for a parting kiss, I am acutely aware that her eyes are tracking my every move."

Send me lots of pictures," I tell her in between kisses. "I can't wait to see them what you's get up to today"

"We'll be fine, Rosie, go to work and save some lives," she says with a chuckle as she shows me out the door. I arrive at work with 5 minutes to spare, which isn't like me and its noted by other staff members. Whenever possible, I try to arrive at work at least half an hour early to find cover for absent co-workers and resolve any problems left over from the night shift on the ward.

"What time do you call this Rosa?" Sarah quips, "You're usually the first in," as we enter the office to take over for the night shift.

I respond dryly, "Oh erm, slept in," in the hopes that she won't press me for further details because I'm not quite ready for everyone at work to find out that 1) I'm dating England captain Leah Williamson and 2) she's the mother of my child. I can tell by the way her eyebrows are raised that she doesn't buy my explanation. I sit down with an SBAR handover sheet that lists each patient currently being treated on the ward and check my phone to see if Millie is awake. As soon as I notice that there is a message for me from Leah, I can't help but crack a smile.

  As soon as I notice that there is a message for me from Leah, I can't help but crack a smile