TWENTY-SIX. *

Harris came over to desk and dropped a file down, with his now signature folded post-it. Then, he looked down the hallway in both directions, not seeing anyone, he leaned in for a stolen kiss. Another signature move of his as of late. When I looked around, I saw that Hannah had caught the smooch, but I wasn't worried about her, or really anyone at this point. If my boss's boss (who also happened to be his father) knew and didn't care, then nobody else should care, right?

I first unfolded the post-it note. It was sweet, with a morning greeting for me.

Then, he bent down, towering over my seated body at my desk

Then, he bent down, towering over my seated body at my desk. He opened the file folder to show me some documents from legal. They weren't book documents, though. They were rental documents for the apartment. He sat down in the chair next to mine, rolling it over so our legs were twisted together under my desk. "It's all set up, so when we go to dinner we can bring him to see the place."

I didn't know how it was going to be best to bring that up to my dad. "So, maybe we can bring him to see the apartment, but not tell him that you own it? At least not right away?"

"Won't he feel duped into signing something when we do finally tell him?"

"Not if Levi explains that he's met the landlord and feels comfortable signing his own lease." I could tell that he was unsure about not telling my dad the whole truth, but that was what I was comfortable with at the moment. I knew my dad and he wouldn't agree to it if he knew who owned the building. "We can tell him that you live on the third floor, and that's how we found it." Harris seemed amenable to that suggestion, because then it wouldn't be such a big blow when we told him the truth about his landlord.

"Whatever you think is best," he said as she leaned down for a kiss to the cheek before standing back up and taking the folder with him. "I'm looking forward to dinner with your dad, and showing him the place," he said as he started towards his office. At least that made one of us.

I'd been bailing on Hannah for lunch a lot, so I told Harris to go with his brothers and I sent a message to Hannah and Grant to leave whatever they brought for tomorrow because we were going out. Within minutes, Hannah came to my desk to pick me up. I slid on my green jacket and the scarf that Dillon knitted, while she adjusted the tie on her coat. "Grant, you about ready?" I asked him and he stood from his chair, shutting down his computer.

"Two minutes," he responded, so Hannah and I started talking about the other big Sinclair couple news.

"So, how is the happy couple?" I asked, seeing as Hannah is their roommate.

"Guin is already a bridezilla, but would you expect anything less? Thank god her mother hired a good wedding planner, otherwise she would be complaining to us about all of that nonstop." It was true, she would be. Tuesday night, following the proposal (so like 46 hours later), she was already freaking out about details. She told Hannah and me that we were in the wedding, but that our 'official bridesmaids invitations' would come later in the month. What the hell was this wedding business and why wasn't I in it?