TWO.

Hannah invited me to stay at their place last night, so that I wouldn't have to deal with catching the train into Manhattan on my first day of work. I was blissfully drowning in the fluffy white duvet when I heard the door open. "Wake up, sleepy head," she said as she came into the guest bedroom. "I'm treating us to Starbucks on the way to the office, so we need an extra ten minutes." She slapped my ass under the fluffy fabric as an added reminder to get said ass out of bed.

I felt the need to remind her that other coffee shops did, in fact, exist. "You know there are other coffee places besides Starbucks. I'd even argue that many of them make a better cup of coffee for a lot cheaper."

"Nope," she said, popping the 'p' as her face turned up. "I will always be a Starbucks girl." I shook my head at her and sat up in bed, looking around the room. I'd always thought the guest room at their apartment was strange. It was long and narrow and there really wasn't enough space to put a larger bed anywhere, so they had twin beds on opposite ends of the room. I assumed that was why this room was the guest room, because it really didn't work for anything else. The bathroom, however, was incredible.

As I walked into the space, I noticed that Hannah's bedroom door was still open. This bathroom connected to her room, as well as the guest bedroom. "I'm going to close this so I can shower," I said and she pushed the door shut with her foot, giving me a big 'first-day-of-school' smile.

I turned on the multi-head shower and double checked that the outfit I brought to wear wasn't too wrinkled. It had a few spots that could use some work, so I hung it on the back of the door to let the steam do its thing. I took Hannah's advice to show a little leg, choosing a cream turtleneck sweater dress that stopped mid-thigh with a heather greige mandarin collar blazer to top the look off. It was cold in New York City this time of year, so I'd be wearing tights with the one pair of black pumps I owned, which had to be my 'work shoes' until further notice. Once I started riding the train more often, I'd have to wear other shoes for the commute to work if I wanted those to last more than a month.

I pulled my hair back into a low bun and did some simple makeup. Then, I walked into the kitchen and Law choked on his coffee, spitting it back into the cup. "You CANNOT wear that on your first day as Harris' assistant."

"He'll have to deal because I have exactly six outfits total to wear for this job and this sweater dress is part of two of those outfits."

"I've told you he's an ass, right?" He asked, sipping the coffee again while he looked at me over the top of the cup.

"Yeah. You may have mentioned it a time or two."

"Oh, calm down, Law," Guin said, walking around him to get to something in the cabinet. "Atty's a big girl and she can handle herself around people like him."

"Are you sure about that?" He said to Guin, as he once again looked over the cup at my tight-covered legs. She gestured for me to ignore him as Hannah came into the kitchen.

"You're wearing that?!" she asked.

"Thank you," Law said, holding his hands out like Hannah was exhibit A in his defense.

"Maybe button the coat?" she said under her breath, with a little smirk.

"We better get going if we don't want to be late." I reached for my tote to get us going, but Hannah stopped my forward motion.

"Not so fast," she said as Guin put a bag from Tori Burch on the counter. She pushed it towards me and Hannah grabbed my tote and started to take everything out of it. "We decided that you needed a new bag for your new job."

"You didn't have to do that," I said, knowing that the bag cost more than the extra money for rent I was trying to earn by taking the job.

"We did, and we are more than happy to do it," Guin said, smiling at me as I looked at the sleek black leather tote. It was the nicest bag I'd ever owned and though I felt excited to use it, I also feel equally guilty about the amount of money they'd spent on it. I didn''t want them to know that, though.