AcexReader "My little Kitten"

A fact about the Whitebeard pirates?
They love to party.

No matter how timid and unimportant the reason might seem.
It always was celebrated.

Ace birthday was definitely a huge reason for celebration. Plus it was New Year Eve so he had no excuse to avoid a party anyway.

Thatch overdid himself with the buffet.
He made a freaking ten course menu just for Ace!
And a gigantic cake.
Well you need one with a crew like the Whitebeards.

Right now Ace was sitting at the very front of a large table with a little party hat on.
The crew was singing a self made „Happy Birthday" and being chaotic as ever.
Pops was sitting next to the birthday boy like the proudest father ever.

„Make a wish and blow out the candles Ace yoi!" Marco raised his cup and smiled at Ace.
He was definitely not as drunken as the other crew members but not as sober as in the beginning.

Ace closed his eyes and thought.
What could he wish for?
He had a loving family.
A great baby brother.
And he lived the life he always dreamed of.
Maybe a certain someone would be nice?
That someone, with whom you have everything you need in life.

"I wish for someone who would follow me into the depths of hell and back out. Someone, who will love me, even though I am the child of a monster. Someone, who can keep up with me, my attitude and my flaws."

With this wish, he blew out the candles and heard the crew clapping and whistling.

"Okay Ace! We got one last gift for you to open." Thatch announced proudly. Izou came forward with a box in his hands and smiled, placing it on the table.
Ace inspected the box curiously.

It had quite a lot of holes on it. Was this on purpose?
Besides the holes, the gift looked like any other.
It was a deep red color and had a sweet golden ribbon on top.
Izou or Marco probably did this, since no one else on the crew could be that careful with gifts.
Ace looked at the other commanders with a questioning look.

„Come on Ace, open it yoi! We spent all our money to get you this and the supplies to take care of it yoi."
The box shuffled.
Surprised Ace the carefully took the lid off.

„Miaow"
A small (h/c) kitten looked at Ace with big
(e/c) eyes.
„You guys got me a kitty?"
„Of course! Now you have someone to cuddle with at night."
Carefully Ace took the small being out of the box and pressed it to his chest.
The cat, seemingly happy, started to rub its head against his warm thorax.

„Aww she likes your warmth." Haruta squealed.
„She?"
„Yeah it's a girl yoi! You can check her little butt if you want to be sure yoi."
The kitten hissed at Marco.
Ace pressed his pet even closer to him.
„It's okay Y/N, I don't think I need that."

„Y/N?" Thatch asked.
„Yeah I always wanted to meet someone named that. Would be a shame to waste such a pretty name."
Ace lovingly scratched Y/Ns neck and smiled when she purred.

„Well seems like you love your gift my son. Let's continue the celebration." Whitebeard raised his bottle and the others followed his example.

~~~~~

Later that evening, Ace was walking back to his cabin with Y/N on his arms. His division was nice enough to bring all the other gifts to his room earlier.

„Here we are, Y/N. This is our home now." The kitty looked around curiously and then just turned back to rubbing its face against his chest.
„Oh, you like my chest more than my room?" Ace laughed, „Well who can blame you?"
Y/N meowed as if she was agreeing with him.