1

Jimin has never gotten along with alpha Min Yoongi.

Being in opposite universities on rivaling basketball teams, the two have constantly been at each other's throats since the second they met two years ago. It was Jimin's first game, Yoongi's second year playing; Yoongi was a cocky alpha and Jimin was a fierce, petty omega, who teased the other team for getting "beaten by a little omega like me."

His team had won that day, and ever since then, Min Yoongi has always watched him like a hawk. That's how it started, at least. Yoongi would stare him down and Jimin eventually started shrugging at him sarcastically and began targeting the alpha. He even started laughing in his face if he missed a basket—though it rarely happens, but it only makes Jimin laugh even harder when it does.

However, Yoongi isn't so light on Jimin either. He bumps into him on purpose, indirectly talks about him on social media, and is cocky as hell when they go agaisnt each other. Jimin hates the smirk on Yoongi's face any time he scores, because he always directs that smirk right at the omega and nobody else, rubbing it in his face.

It's like they just know what gets under each other's skin.

Jimin hates it, but a part of him loves annoying Yoongi in return. It's back and forth between them, and they never stop.

On days like today, where they have a game against each other, Jimin feels riled up and ready to play. They only have one game against each other during basketball season, but Jimin usually sees Yoongi during practice, when the teams get together like a bunch of buddies and go against each other for really no reason at all.

Today is different, though. They're wearing their team jerseys—black and gold on Yoongi's side, yellow and white for Jimin's university. Jimin spots Yoongi immediately, locking eyes with the alpha from across the court. They're at Yoongi's university court, so the place isn't as familiar to Jimin, but he knows how to play the court regardless.

Their coaches make them greet each other before allowing fans to meet them, which Jimin can't tell whether is unfortunate or not because he gets to be playfully sassy towards the opponents, but he also has to greet Min Yoongi.

The alpha reeks like a citrus tree, which isn't bad, but it bothers Jimin so much for that reason. He rolls his eyes because the alpha hardly even makes eye contact with him, simply giving a small bow—if he can even call it that—and he walks right away, giving a smile and deeper bow to the next person.

"Wow, rude much?"

Yoongi turns his head to Jimin, but he looks so unbothered. "What?"

"You can't even greet me right?"

"Oh." Yoongi lowers his head into a proper bow and stays there for a second while Jimin watches intensely. He feels a weird satisfaction settling within his soul. But then Yoongi raises his head and says, "I'm only greeting you out of pity, Jimin-ssi. The least I could do is welcome you to my court before beating your team tonight."

Jimin's lips part in shock, but all he can do is watch as the alpha chuckles and walks away once again. He feels like a dummy for just taking that sort of verbal damage, but what more could he do? His brain couldn't even comprehend that level of pettiness at the moment.

"Asshole," he whispers under his breath as he squints at Yoongi from across the court, glaring as Yoongi smiles and greets everyone else nicely. He even hugs some of the players like they're best friends or something, but Jimin knows otherwise—Yoongi's best friend doesn't play basketball, but his other good friend does; he's an alpha named Kim Namjoon—not that that's even important.

Ignoring the whole Yoongi situation, Jimin searches the court for his own friends, immediately finding them. He heads over to them, throwing one arm around the beta, Jungkook, and then he throws his other arm around his omega best friend, Taehyung, once he leans in close enough.

"Do you think sunbae is here?" Jungkook asks, directing his question to Taehyung, who begins glancing over the seats. Jimin rolls his eyes at the two. They've had a massive crush on Jung Hoseok since he can remember, and it's all because Hoseok smiled and waved at them once. Now, they're on a mission to make Jimin's life miserable by talking about him; it's only miserable because Hoseok is friends with Yoongi.

"Can't you guys ever talk about something else?" he asks. "Like our game, perhaps? You know, the thing we're here for."

"Look! There he is!" Jungkook exclaims happily into Taehyung's personal space, not even caring to listen to Jimin. Again, Jimin rolls his eyes as his two best friends stare over at Hoseok before finally catching his attention, and they wave like dorks to him. Hoseok smiles and waves back, and Jimin is sure they'll talk about it for ages, especially judging by their pleased and giddy scents stinking up the air.

"Alright, alright," Jimin sighs. "Congrats on your interaction." The two finally acknowledge Jimin's existence, smiling from ear to ear at him. "Now, let's go win this game or else Hoseok will think you're losers." Their eyes widen as if they've just realized something so important, and they immediately start stretching and pep-talking themselves up, wanting to look cool for the beta who's here for his own friends.

Jimin looks around for said friends, seeing Yoongi and Namjoon talking to Kim Seokjin, pointing to the direction where Hoseok is, and Seokjin kisses Namjoon's cheek before hurrying off to sit with Hoseok.

When the game is finally starting up, Jimin doesn't exactly feel the greatest. His neck still hurts from sleeping on it wrong last night, and he'd missed out on eating anything before the game, so his energy isn't exactly the best either.

He chugs water and hopes for the best, but as the game moves along past the first period, he can already tell that this won't be his team's greatest moment. Taehyung and Jungkook play well, but Jimin misses his shot once and it ruins him for the rest of the game; his motivation is all to hell, especially once he sees Yoongi's dumb smirk.

"You really think you're all that?" Jimin asks over the chatter of the crowd, and Yoongi just shrugs with that smirk still on his face.

"Don't know, I think I'm doing pretty good, Jimin-ssi."

Jimin scoffs as Yoongi runs by him, leaving his scent behind. It boils Jimin's blood. It always does.

What boils his blood even more is the fact that Yoongi's team beats his. Taehyung and Jungkook think it's the end of the world, and Jimin is salty as he watches Yoongi's team cheer while Yoongi throws him a cocky smile after mouthing "I won" to him.

It pisses Jimin off so much, but he knows that he'd do the same thing if he was in Yoongi's shoes; he'd probably be even more cocky, honestly. Still, it bothers him. He'll just have to practice harder to beat Yoongi next time.

All he wants is to put that damn alpha in his place.

•🏀•🏀•🏀•

HI GUYS!!! omg NEW YOONMIN FIC?!

its been so long since i posted a yoonmin fic 🥹 im so excited!!!

LETS GO!!!!! NO MORE WASTING TIME, LETS READ THIS MFER 😌

•🏀•🏀•🏀•