009

A few days later ~

Friday After School

TMTHS vs. Kenjaku Technical High School, Varsity boys at 7 pm at TMTHS

It's a few minutes since school ended, and many students usually stay after school on Fridays or hang around the stadiums when an important game is happening. Today is an important game. Kenjaku High and TMTHS have been the most prominent rivals since the schools were first built in the early 1900s. TMTHS and Kenjaku High have been neck and neck these two years, with TMTHS winning one year. TMTHS is winning one another, except for these last two years. Kenjaku has been winning by one or two points—very close games, stopping TMTHS from going any further to qualify for nationals. TMTHS and Kenjaku are number 1 or 2 in the city; if they do well this season, they will face off in a vast arena to go to nationals. This is the second game of the season, which won't affect whether they go to the nationals, but it's a game no one wants to miss. This game brings many Aluminis and students from other schools together.

Y/N has been sitting on her bench outside the cafeteria for a while. Many students are heading towards the gymnasium to see the boys' first-year team play against Kenjaku High. The Freshmen boys team started playing at 3pm, and so far, they are winning, with Kenjaku High losing by 7 points; Maki has been texting her nonstop about the game. Boy's Junior Varsity has their game at 5 pm against Kenjaku, which is also a perfect game. The school was anticipating a high crowd, so they even started grilling outside, and vendors and food trucks were on campus grounds.

Y/N had been doing homework before she and Nobara met to watch the JV and Varsity games. Sasaki and Iguchi are not big on sports, but the game is SO BIG that they are even going. The teachers will be there: Mr. Nanami, Mr. Fushiguro, Ms. Shoko, Mr. Haibara, Mr. Miguel, and even Mr. Geto. Y/N watched as many vendors set up their setups, food trucks pulled into the courtyard, and students walking towards the unparked vehicles. Y/N felt a buzzing from her jacket pocket; Tsumiki texted her, "Hey, Y/N, I'll be at the JV game before it starts, but I will meet you there :). "

Only 15 minutes before the JV game starts, Y/N and Nobara decide to meet in front of the gymnasium. The gym was already getting packed, but they both found each other after searching for each other for a few minutes. They got in free because of the jerseys. They sat in the middle of the stands, next to the student section. The student section was an eye sore cause of the neon colors they decided to wear to support the TMTHS. Y/N wore a bright blue sweater, and Nobara wanted to wear her neon pink sweater. Both first-year teams shook hands before going their separate ways; TMTHS Freshman basketball ball team won their game 60-56—an excellent match to start the next games off.

The first-year Kenjaku team stayed to watch the two final games, and many of the TMTHS players stayed as well after going to the locker rooms to change. Before Y/N did anything else, she texted Tsumiki, telling her where Nobara and Y/N were sitting. Sasaki, Iguchi, and even Junpei found Y/N and sat on the row above hers. Tsumiki found them; she sat next to Y/N and wore a bright orange sweatshirt. It was unbelievable how packed the gymnasium was, and it was not even the Varsity team. Y/N was facing the left to talk to the girls when she noticed a boy with familiar pink hair walking. Y/N noticed the boy walking with Megumi, Inumaki, Panda, and Yuta with unfamiliar faces. All the boys were looking for somewhere to sit for the game. Until Yuji saw Nobara then Y/N. He knew a perfect spot to sit.

All the boys started making their way to the group; Yuji wanted to sit next to Y/N. Within a couple of seconds, Yuji was sitting right beside the girl. "Hi, guys! These are my friends from Kyoto Metropolitan Technical High; they were eager to watch the game!" the groups all said their hellos. Within minutes, everyone started conversing, and Y/N and Yuji just listened in until Yuji broke the silence.