Chapter nine

I wake up, taking my time to get up, and I see Hailey in comfortable work out clothes. I rub my eyes and Hailey clears her throat.

Hailey:about time you woke up. Now come on get dressed, we're going hiking.

I get out of bed and walk over to my luggage that's next to the closet door and get what I think are my basketball shorts, but are actually Justin's, he must've left them at my house sometime. I get them out because those are the only workout pants I brought with me. I wear the red basketball shorts with a white, comfortably tight, workout hoodie, and white Neo Adidas shoes. It's 8:34 am when we get out to go up and hike at a park. We get to the park and there's some friends of Hailey's and Austin. Hailey introduces me and we start jogging until we reach a certain point and walk. Hailey reaches up to me and talks to me a bit.

Hailey:hey.

Lourdes:hey, do you do this everyday?

Hailey:nah, I try to when I can, it's just when I have time.

Lourdes:okay, cool. So what's after this?

Hailey:breakfast, buying our outfits, a little bit of sight seeing, eating again, then model work, and finally the party, anything after that is not planned.

She winks at me as if saying something, but then she coughs Austin's name and I know exactly what she's talking about.

Hailey:so anyways, you like organic stuff?

Lourdes:yeah, I guess.

Hailey:great, cuz that's breakfast.

Lourdes:you should try this carrot and apple juice that I know how to make, it's really the only thing I know how to make in a kitchen.

Austin:it must be one hell of a drink then.

I look to my left where Austin came in.

Lourdes:do you regularly come here too?

Austin:no, Hailey invited me, she knows we're friends, I'm guessing.

I look over to my right where Hailey was, but she's back talking to her friends now. This girl is getting on my nerves with this.

Lourdes:so you came.

Austin:yeah, she also told me I could ride with you guys to the party.

I say in a surprised but bummed mood, which I didn't mean it to come out like that.

Lourdes:really?

He smiles while saying

Austin:well by that tone of voice you don't sound so excited.

Lourdes:no, oh my gosh, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean for it to come out like that. I just mean like what is going on through her head?

Austin:well I'm not sure you know and well let alone know what's going on through yours.

He rubs the top of my head and we keep walking. Hailey and her friends get in front of us and they head towards the beginning, where we started. Once Hailey turns they start to run.

Lourdes:looks like we're gonna have to get running.

Austin breathes out and we hit that turn and run. We're running at a leveled pace until we get to Hailey.

Hailey:hey Austin, you hungry?

Austin:yeah.

Hailey:we're gonna get breakfast if you wanna come.

Austin:yeah that'd be great.

Hailey:Lourdes go with Austin so he won't be alone.

I just look at her figuring out what she's trying to get at here and she just smiles at me. She smiles a smile that's almost saying trust me. Austin comes in to continue the conversation and interrupts the looks between Hailey and I.