Chapter eight

It's been about a week. It's been about a week that Justin and me were finished, that Hailey and I started being really good friends, and that I've actually been focusing a lot more on school. I talk to my parents about the plans Hailey was making for this weekend, on the way to school. I get in between my dad, who's driving, and my mom who is in the passenger seat. I get in between them by sitting in the back in the middle seat and putting my head forward.

Lourdes:Ma, Pa? You know you guys haven't answered my question about going with Hailey today.

Mom:tell me about it again.

Lourdes:well you know Hailey, she's a model and we've become really good friends. She's helping me with the modeling and she asked if I could go to L.A. with her and get a feel of it over there, to see her daily schedule as a model. She says I can stay as long as I want, I was thinking for a week I could go, but I know that's not an option with school. So what do you think?

Dad:well, who's going?

I look at my dad while he looks at the road and drives.

Lourdes:just me and Hailey and the pilot flying her jet.

Mom:what does she model?

Lourdes:clothes. She is in and out with New York and Los Angeles, but she just happens to be going to L.A. for a month.

Dad:well it sounds good, that's nice that she's helping. When is she leaving?

Lourdes:today at 2.

Pa:do you have any homework for the weekend or any projects?

Lourdes:nope.

Ma:okay you can go.

Pa:we'll pick you up after lunch. Did you pack?

Lourdes:yes, everything's ready.

Pa:well maybe we could've said no.

Lourdes:but you guys already said yes.

He laughs and I say

Lourdes:can you guys come? She said it'd be great if you did.

Ma:well we have your sister, she didn't wanna go, and we have work, but it's okay, have fun.

Pa:you'll go for the weekend, come back on Monday and Tuesday you'll go back to school.

Lourdes:that's perfect. Thanks guys.

We happen to get to the drop off at my school and I kiss my parents on the cheek goodbye, but my mom stops me as in saying I should tell my dad. I stay in the car and tell my dad. I say with a calm I don't care tone

Lourdes:dad, Justin and I broke up, a little more than a week ago.

My dad's eyebrows furrow and he asks

Dad:what happened?

Lourdes:he broke up with me the day he left back on tour.

Mom:well what if you see him at Los Angeles?

Lourdes:I don't know.

Mom:if you do see him say hey to him, for us.

Dad:no, not for me, he broke up with Lourdes, I don't like him. He's a good friend, but I don't want him near Lourdes as a boyfriend.

Lourdes:I don't want to talk right now. I have to go to school. Bye guys see you.

I get out the car and get to the entrance of the school and wave to them without looking back. I enter and go straight to homeroom. I get through my classes and have one class left until I get to lunch. I get stopped by Adolfo and he kisses me on the cheek hello, we're not a couple. We've hung out, but we aren't going out. He knows I don't want a relationship with him. He kisses me on the cheek as a friendly way.