She looks disgusted. A tear rolls down her face. Her voice nearly breaks as she says, "You killed my parents."

It happens again. My vision turns black for a moment. I hear in my head, "Kill her. Now." I blink harshly to make it stop. 

"Oh, that," I say.

"Yea - that," she snaps. Another tear falls. I knew demons had a soul at that moment because I felt mine weigh so guilty. "It was you this entire time! You killed my parents, my friends, you killed everybody!"

"But not you," I say, I try to touch her face, but she hits my hand away. "I'd never hurt you, Valeria."

She swallows. She cries, "You already have."

No. I changed. I tried to be better, for her, she has to see that. 

I nearly roll my eyes as I hear the annoying sound of heels behind me. I look over my shoulder and spit, "Leave, Selena, before I kill you next."

I look back at Valeria. Through tears, she says, "You've been lying to me this entire time."

"I had to," I say, I justify my actions. "I knew you wouldn't want to know the truth. I knew you'd look at me like that."

 "Adonis? Who is this?" Selena questions from behind me. Her tone sounds cautious. 

I snap, "I'm serious, Selena, leave."

It happens once again. But stronger this time. My vision turns black for longer and the voices in my head are louder. I grab a fistful of my hair and shut my eyes as I hear over and over again, "Kill her, take her soul, kill her."

"You say this is the last angel?" Selena speaks again.

This time, I stand to my feet angrily. I yell at her, "Don't fucking try to touch her, Selena."

Selena's eyes look at Valeria. I notice a hint of fear in them. It must be because of me, because of how I speak with her, yet Selena steps closer. She whispers, "I won't touch her."

I look back at Valeria. I kneel before her. I whisper gently, "I'm sorry for what I did, Valeria. I didn't mean to hurt you, darling, I've been protecting you. I killed Azriel for you."

She still looks at me. So afraid. 

I see Selena approaching out of the corner of my eye. I mutter angrily, "That's it."

I stand up to kill her, but right as I do, Valeria screams. Selena stands before her, she pours holy water onto her. When an angel touches holy water, it strengthens them and cleanses them. If another supernatural creature touches it, it either heals if they are good, or burns if they are evil.

It sounds like sizzling. As the water lands on her face, she grabs it as if it burns her, her screams echoing in the burning room. And her face changes.

Her light brown hair turns black. Her big brown eyes no longer have color, they are fully white. Her skin becomes pale. 

I stand there, looking at her, confused. She no longer looked like the Valeria I knew. 

Valeria's tears and scared emotion were now replaced with annoyance as she looked up at Selena. She says, annoyed, "You just had to ruin it."

"What the hell are you?" I whisper.

Her fully white eyes look at me. But she doesn't speak. Selena answers, "She's a mimic."

"She isn't the last angel," Selena continues. "She's just been appearing as her this entire time."

It didn't make any sense. She was the last angel, she told me, I saw her wings, but I also saw her right in front of me. She has pale skin, black hair, and fully white eyes. 

I lose my ability to even think as I get the feeling again. This time, it's more consuming, more powerful, it's as if I get consumed by uncontainable rage. I don't feel like myself. Everything in my head says, "Kill her, she's a liar, kill her, kill her."

I get consumed by the anger. I snap, "You're a liar. A goddamn liar."

"Oh please, like you aren't?" she says.

I lean over her as her back is still pressed against the staircase. I hold my hand over her heart as I snap, "I loved you. I loved you and you aren't even real."

I could see my reflection in her white eyes. But although I saw my reflection, I did not recognize myself, as if I were not in my own body. 

Her face twists in pain as I begin taking her soul. She grabbed my wrist, trying to stop me, but there was nothing that could stop my tunnel vision now.

"Wait," Selena says from behind me.

I hear nothing other than the voices telling me to kill her. To kill the stranger in front of me. Valeria, or whoever this was, screams as their soul slowly becomes mine.

I smirk as I take it. It felt so euphoric. I had taken many souls before, but they had never felt this good. But slowly, my smirk drops and my face changes as it begins to hurt. To burn. I look down at my hand that takes her soul, my veins begin to turn black, this had never happened before.

The next thing I know, my entire body burns. I remove my hand and let out a scream as I fall backward and my vision turns to darkness. 

Word Count: 1532