The Secret. T.N - Part 1

You and Theo have been together for a long time. He was the best boyfriend you have ever had. He made you feel like you deserved the world and more.

He treated you like a queen.The two of you went on dates frequently. He would make picnics for you in fields and take you to hamlets outside of hogwarts. He could always find the most charming places. He had even found the room of requirement for you.

When you couldn't leave the castle he resorted to planning your dates there. He always made time for you outside of his friends. You have never been so loved before. It was the most amazing year and a half you've ever experienced. There was only one problem.

Theo refused to go public with you. He didn't want to be seen with you in the castle at all.
Even in the common room. It was always under the same excuse that it was no one's business but yours. You however wanted to show him off. You wanted to hold his hand while he walked you to class and kiss him goodbye. But all you got were hidden smiles and subtle winks when no one was watching.You knew you deserved better but you also loved theo.

How could you walk away from the man who showed you what love was? The simple answer was you couldn't. But you genuinely couldn't take it anymore. The only person who knew of your relationship was Pansy.

She was so understanding and respected your request of not telling anyone about it. She let you confide in her. Many nights had been slept in Pansy's bed after she had been comforted you.

Most times you cried yourself to sleep, but Pansy has been a real trooper through it all. She couldn't have been a better friend to you. One day you had been crying to pans when she stood up visibly angry. "Y/N, you are so much etter than this. You and I both know you deserve so muc better than this. You're better than some stupid boy who can't be any less ungrateful to be BLESSED by you giving im the time of day. You have to put an end to this. I don vant to see you continue to hurt yourself."

As much as you wanted to deny it. You knew she was right. You sighed an tried to make up your mind. You decided you would give him one chance. One chance to prove himself, and save your relationship.

Dinner  time had approached and you and pansy made your way to the great hall laughing arm in arm with Daphne and storia. As you entered the great hall your eyes traveled to the corner where a group of boys was standing. You saw Theo standing with Draco and Blaise and knew this was your chance.

You held your head high and walked up to him. He looked at you with a confused expression, and you just oked at him with eyes full of love. You could tell that The vas uncomfortable with your presence as the boys he was anding with noticed you.

"Oh Y/L/N, didn't expect to see u here. To what do we owe the marvelous pleasure?" Draco had asked smugly. Theos fist clenched but he released them mediately. You scowled and turned your attention back to Theo. You looked at him and swiftly wrapped your arms ound him in a hug. He immediately pushed you off of him.
"What the fuck are you doing. Get off me you freak." He yelled at you. His friends and him all laughed at your shocked expression. Tears welled in your eyes, but you efused to let them fall. Unbeknownst to Theo he had just aled his fate. Very possibly losing you permanently.

He saw your pained expression and his face fell ever so subtly. Only you saw it. But in a flash it was gone and he was getting praised by his friends. He "modestly" ate the praise up.

You turned and ran. You ran until your legs wouldn't carry rou anymore. Until you thought your lungs collapsed fron the sting in your chest. You went to the astronomy tower nowing there were no remaining classes for the day ther This had always been a place you felt you could go to have some solitude and silence.

Something about the only company being the stars and spaces comforted you. You made your way to the ledge, letting your legs dangle etween the safety bars that were in place. You just took i the view. The beauty of the hills. The way the light reflected off the trees. The distant hamlets. You imagine what it would be like to live there.

Maybe with Theo. Maybe with a family. You shook the thought away from your head. It was gone as soon as it came. After a while o peace and solitude, you heard footsteps coming up the stairs behind you. "Baby? Are you up here?" You sniffled nd wiped your nose putting on a tough face and not facing him.

He sat beside you trying to pull you close. You pushe him off of you the way he had done to you mere minutes arlier. "Amore, you know I had to do that. My friends we there." you rolled your eyes. How can someone be so ignorant, you thought silently. Anger took over all rationality you had left.

It wouldn't be an issue if you let us be public Theodore." he looked at you with shock colored all over his face. At this point you were both standing up.

"You are my special girl y/n. You know that." he said, bringing his hand to cup your face. Tears spilled against your cheeks. "If I'm so special, why am I secret." Guilt was all you could find in his eyes. You searched for any sign of remorse, but found none. This was it. This was what made you break. The straw that broke the camel's back some might say.

You slapped his hand away from you. "This, whatever it is, is over. I won't be something you're ashamed of. I deserve better. Goodbye Nott." and you left him standing there alone. You didn't look back, you knew if you did you wouldn't walk away.

As you made your way out of the astronomy tower, the sound of your shoes clicking against the floor was the only thing grounding you. Silently, you made your way to the dorm you shared with Pansy. You walked in, head held low. Pansy immediately took notice nd wrapped her arms around you.

"What happened?" you shook your head. "It's over Pansy." She pulled away and looked you in the eyes giving you a reassuring smile. "Oh aby." She said softly. In the comforts of your best friend's urms, you let all your sobs go, Theo right along with them.