10. streaming

october 16 2023🌷 real life 🌷

october 16 2023
🌷 real life 🌷

odette pulled into the familiar driveway, and stepped out of her car. the cool air brushed against her exposed shoulders, and she looked back wishing she had grabbed a sweater before leaving her home.

she knocked on the door and mrs. noon almost immediately opened the door. "odette! well what are you doing here, sweetie?"

"im just here to return brady's notebook. he left it in the library." odette said, her cheeks flushed a rosy pink.

mrs. noon raised an eyebrow at the girl. she always knew that odette had a crush on connor, and told her she was destined for one of her sons. whether it was connor or brady.

odette always thought it was connor, but maybe this was the year she'd realize it wasn't meant to be.

she stepped into the house, taking off her shoes and placing them by the front door. the smell of pasta filled her lungs, as she saw mr. noon cooking in the kitchen.

"hi odette!" he said, waving her over to the warm aroma. "do you mind testing the tomato sauce? let me know if it needs more salt."

odette smiled, taking a clean spoon from a drawer and tasting a small bite of the hot tomato sauce cooking on the stove. "its perfect mr. noon."

"you know you can call me david, odette." he beamed at her. he knew that odette was always a bit brutally honest.

"i know." she smiled, leaving the kitchen and walking up the comfortable stairs which she had walked up and down so many times, and chased the noon twins while playing their favorite game of tag.

sometimes she'd wish her father was as friendly and 'stereotypical' as mr. noon. he was the perfect dad in her eyes. the kind of dad that would attend all of his kids soccer and baseball games. or in her case, all of her ballet recitals. and even if he'd want his kids to follow in his footsteps, he'd still accept them if they chose to do something different. her dad was well... almost like another species compared to mr. noon.

brady's door was cracked open, and his blue and purple led lights shone through the crack. she knocked softly, but he didn't answer. she knocked again, but still no response.

quietly, she opened the door and pushed herself inside, realizing that he was sitting at his desk in the corner, his gaming console set up. he was streaming. brady often streamed fortnite, and would sometimes do it with colton and walker.

he had his headphones on, and passionfruit by drake played on his speaker. his unmade bed was behind him, his backpack and school supplies thrown messily all over. jeez, brady was kinda messy. he had a pretty dark room, the main light coming from his led lights and the computer left a pale glow on his face as he focused on the game.

"fuck, fuck, fuck. oh shit. look guys, im just a little... rusty." he said, she assumed he had just lost. he brushed the back on his neck with his hand and fluffed up his dark brown hair. "connor is that you? can you not stand in my doorway like a fucking creep?" brady mumbled, before turning his head and realizing that it in fact wasn't connor, it was odette.

"oh, hi. sorry. uh- connor isn't back from practice yet. i think he gets back soon though." he mumbled. he seemed... nervous? could it be because she was in his bedroom? she hadn't really been in his room since they were little kids, and it had changed a lot.

"oh, im not here for connor. i uh- you left your notebook in the library. i just came to give it back." she showed him the notebook, and his eyes softened.

"ohhhh, okay." he hummed, and she walked over to put it on his desk.

"streaming?" she raised an eyebrow.

"mhmm. wanna say hi?" he asked her, pointing at the camera.

she nodded, stepping into the frame. "hi!" she waved. she couldn't hear anything, but she could see a few comments popping up on his screen.

"here, walker's streaming with me." he said, and she scooted closer to him so he could take the headphones off his ears, and onto hers.

"hi walkie." she smiled into the mic.

"hi odie." walker let out, annoyedly. "can you give brady the headphones back? we're supposed to be playing fortnite."

odette frowned and gave walker the middle finger. She took the headphones off and put them back on brady, fluffing his hair up as she did so, so that it wouldn't look too messy, but she only made it look worse.

brady looked up at her from his gaming chair, and she looked back, raising her eyebrows at him before waving goodbye and closing the door on his way out. what she didn't see, was that once she left the room brady put his face in his hands, a blush creeping along his cheeks.

"dude, you're fucking wrecked. you're literally a blushing mess." walker sighed from the other side.

brady rolled his eyes at the camera.

"just don't make me third wheel." walker mumbled, and the two went back to playing the game, although all of the fans watching the steam noticing this, and wouldn't let brady live down his little crush, but they didn't know that this crush wasn't so little as they thought.

commentary with poppy 🌷
double updates for you today 😚
brady and odette are so cute
thx for reading 🎀
DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT 🌷