07. wait right here

october 16 2023 🌷 real life , messages 🌷

october 16 2023
🌷 real life , messages 🌷

both colton and odette were sat at a bench watching a young sheldon episode on her phone, when she suddenly realized the time.

"shit. shit. it's 4:35, i gotta go." she quickly got up off the bench and put her phone in her pocket.

"what- why?" he got up with her, dusting off his jeans.

"im tutoring brady, remember?" she gave him a confused look before turning around and heading towards the bleachers.

"no goodbye?" he yelled, causing her to turn around.

"bye cole, see ya tomorrow." she turned around once again, rapidly walking towards the bleachers, but not fast enough for she still heard colton yell a goodbye back.

she soon arrived at the bleachers, and noticed brady on the field almost immediately. he wore his usual soccer jersey, with the number 2 on the back. she remember that he had once told her his lucky number was always 2, and it always made her smile because she was born the second of february.

he looked over and noticed her standing nervously by the bleachers, and she gave him a small wave. he waved back, and slowly jogged towards her direction.

"hey," he said breathlessly.

"hi." she looked up at him. his cheeks were flushed from running around in soccer so much. his hair was sticking to his forehead from sweat, and he a white towel around his neck. his silver chain dangled from his neck, and his chocolate brown eyes twinkled while they gazed into hers.

they remained in this silence for a while, until she finally broke eye contact and coughed awkwardly. "soo.. ready to go?"

he cleared his throat and looked away from her, "uh- almost. just wait right here, i'll be like five minutes."