「 ✦ You're the owner of my heart ✦ 」

Bianca couldn't stop thinking about the letter she had found at Emma's parents' house on Christmas day. Much less after discovering that it wasn't the only one she had never received. There was a whole box of letters with her name on it, but she had time just to read a few of them.

My love,

Happy birthday, darling. Twenty is such a big number, isn't it? You must have grown up a lot since I last saw you. I bet you're even more beautiful than the last time we saw each other, even though you were already a goddess. Today, while I was looking through my old things, I found your white bracelet, and I remembered when you told me that it was your favourite colour. Initially, I had found it weird given all the existing colours, but then you explained to me that you liked it because it made you have hope even when you were at your lowest. I wore it, hoping that it would have the same effect on me, but nothing. It didn't work, and you know why? Because you were my hope, Bianca. You made me see the light in a room full of darkness, but you're not here. You're in Massachussetts. Your mother told me you are studying dentistry, I'm proud of you, love. Yes, I know you would get angry if you knew I still talk to her, but I can't help it. Knowing how you are doing helps me to ease a little bit this excruciating pain I have had in my heart since I closed the door of your parent's house. I still remember clearly how you were sleeping peacefully (snoring as always) as your hair fell onto your face. You didn't know yet that it was going to be the last time we were gonna be together...
I wish you all the happiness in the world, darling. May you realise all of your wishes. You deserve it. You deserve the whole universe. I'm sorry if I couldn't be the one who gave it to you.

Forever yours, Emma.

Reading it made her very confused. There was something she wasn't understanding and that Emma evidently had omitted to write in the letter she left her before leaving. But that wasn't the only one which left her utterly astonished.

My darling,

It's July thirty first. I don't have the strength to do anything but cry. It should have been the happiest day of our life, and instead, it's the worst, at least for me. I'm miserable without you, darling. Perhaps even I forgot how to breathe, cause I feel like I'm choking, like I'm drowning in the middle of the ocean knowing I can't be saved. Today, it should be our ten years anniversary, love. And it would have been if it hadn't been for a stupid- ugh, no, let's not go down that path. I had so much in mind to celebrate us. I wanted to bring you in the same place we shared our first kiss and finally propose to you. I had been thinking non-stop about it since I gave you the promise ring, but it seems that I haven't been able to keep my promise. After giving you the promise ring, I couldn't stop thinking about seeing you walk down the aisle. You would have looked breathtaking, a dream. I sincerely believed that we were meant to be together, but unfortunately, destiny had other plans for us. Right now, actually, you could even be engaged to someone else and be happy with them, while I can't move on from you despite all my efforts. There is nothing I wanted more than having you as my wife, but here I am, all alone while I write letters I will never send to you. Forever, that's what I wanted with you. To grow up old and watch our kids wander around our house. And instead, I did the exact opposite, leaving you because I wasn't brave enough to tell you the truth. I hope that I might get blessed with the chance to see you again someday, honey, even if perhaps I would begin stuttering uncontrollably because that would mean I would have my other half before me. Maybe one day we will meet again, my love, but even if we didn't, I will always have an eye on you. You're the owner of my heart, Bianca, never forget that. I love you, darling, and I always will.

Yours, Emma.

She even wrote to her when she finished filming Harry Potter.

Darling,