「 ✦ My thoughts will be of you ✦ 」

"Could you please stop fussing about your look? You're stunning, Bia." Florence reassured her, preventing Bianca from overthinking about tonight.

They were locked into Bianca's bedroom where the girl had scattered clothes here and there, struggling to find the right one for the occasion.

"No!" She sighed disconsolate, slumping over her bed. "Ugh, I can't believe I said yes! What was I thinking?" You could easily say that she was feeling a bit anxious. She had already tried hundreds of different dresses, only to throw them into the other side of the room after having watched herself in the mirror. It seemed like she was going to meet her lover's parents for the first time. Same nervousness, same fear to make a fool of herself, same will to make a good impression, same worry not to be enough at their eyes. The only exception was that she wasn't going to meet any lover's parents. Actually, there was neither a lover.

The brunette slightly shook her skull in disagreement. "Bia, look at me," she softly said, gently turning Bianca's head in her direction with her fingers, "you look dashing, and I'm sure that Emma will drool when she sees you later. Trust me."

"You seriously think so?"

"Are you kidding?" Florence asked, shocked by the question. "My best friend is the prettiest girl in the word. Don't you agree?"

Bianca laughed lightly, "thank you, Flo."

The taller girl smiled at her for a second before saying: "Well, now let's not become too cheesy, eh." She joked. "Get your ass up and make Emma have a heart attack."

Bianca sighed, glacing at the ring that she now couldn't take off her finger. She felt empty without it, as if something was missing. It also made her bittersweet smile remembering all the talks she and Emma had about their future wedding. What songs should have been performed, their dresses, their dance, the wows, their first kiss as a married couple. Bianca sometimes dreamt about saying the famous line 'I do', officially becoming part of Emma's family, but she never got the chance to.

Florence gently, with a tissue, wiped away the tears that were running down Bianca's cheeks, embracing her. "You would have been breathtaking in your wedding dress," she spoke quietly, "and I would have loved to tell everyone that I took the credit for having finally gotten you together."

Bianca sadly laughed, gesturing Florence to go on. "But mostly, I would have wanted to say how good you were for each other. Like a medicine, the most powerful one. Needing only the other to be at peace." She planted a soft kiss on Bianca's head, rubbing her hand back and forth on her side. "You made me believe in love, Bia," she mumbled, "despite everything, you and Emma made me understand what true unconditional love is." The younger girl looked at the brunette with a spark of curiosity in her eyes. "What do you mean? We didn't do anything special."

Florence's mouth curved into a smile. "You keep loving her even though she is with somebody else, without making a move on her and respecting her decision. Your heart breaks every single time you see her with Tom, but you still love her endlessly. Actually, in my opinion, you would be in love with her even in thousands of years, in every universe. And Emma gave up on you, knowing how bad it would hurt both of you, but she preferred you hating her rather than losing you forever."

"Are you drunk, Flo?" Bianca asked, taken aback by how, all of the sudden, her friend was defending Emma after all the curses she had casted upon her. "She didn't give up on me. She chose to leave me. What made you think otherwise?"

The brunette remembered that Bianca didn't know that the actress had left her to protect her. Not that she knew much more. But she couldn't tell her that, and especially not today. It was Christmas Eve, and Bianca was supposed to make herself beautiful for later, not worry about something she neither knew a lot about. "Nothing," she said, "you're right, she chose it."