For years, I figured this would never ever be me. I told myself I wasn't relationship material much less marriage material. But what do you know, when I got down on one knee in front of the girl I met in a bar a lifetime ago and asked her if she'd trust me with her and our babies' hearts for the rest of our lives, she said yes.

I don't know how it happened, to be perfectly honest. I screwed up more times than I can count, but she somehow managed to look past them all and found it in her heart to love and forgive me every time.

I know I'm not the only one who's always figured this about myself. I can tell that much when I look down into my sister's eyes that are beginning to well up with pride. She smiles up at me silently, sharing this one moment with me before I go do something we both didn't think I would.

Her hand lifts to press softly against my chest. "I'm proud of you." She whispers with an encouraging nod. "You have this, Noah."

Shit. There are few things that make my eyes burn and my heart ache. Heading something like that from my little sister turns out to be one of those things. I find that there's a longer list of things that'll bring actual fucking tears to my eyes now and days than there used to be.

Aaliyah's giggle is weak but genuine. She sniffles and blinks back her own tears as she shakes her head. "Try not to cry. Makes your face all red and puffy." She advises.

I scoff. It comes out watery and a little embarrassing. Alex doesn't comment on it though even though it's very obvious what a fucking crybaby I'm being over here. "Take your own advice, kid. Should I remind you about your wedding?"

She gasps and shoves my shoulder. "I am so glad I didn't let you be my maid of honor!"

I laugh. It feels good to laugh. My heart still aches and there's still a tingling feeling in the pit of my stomach, but laughing helps. "I could've been the best maid of honor you could've ever asked for." I dismiss.

I would've worn the dress she wanted me to wear and everything just like the other guys. I was on board, but Mom said no.

Luckily, Alex decided he wanted an extra best man anyway. What, with all his friends ditching him for his soon-to-be wife. They have no loyalty when it comes to him. Neither of them do when it comes to each other, really. Aaliyah and her kids are a different story.

"Three minutes." Alex warns us before we can get too carried away with our chatting.

"Oh!" Aaliyah gasps and quickly moves away from me. She rushes over to the bathroom door and knocks once. "Cameron, sweetie, time to go. Are you ready?" She calls.

Cameron really should've just gotten ready with his mom, aunt, and sister, but he said he wanted to get ready with the other boys. Couldn't really argue, so Aaliyah's here to grab him really quick before it's time for us to go take our places.

"Yeah." Cameron hums as he throws the door open. I smile softly at my son, dressed in a black suit proudly. It's the one and only time we could get him in it. He wanted to wear his batman pajamas.

"Okay," Aaliyah smiles and takes his hand. "Wish your dad good luck." She coaxes as she guides him to the door.

Cameron waves at me as he walks with his aunt. "Bye, Dad. Good luck." He grins.

I chuckle. "Thanks, Nut."

Before he walks out the door with Aaliyah, he stops. I'm laughing before he even begins his little show. I already know what he's going to do because despite the fact that he's now ten, he's still completely unafraid to show his mom and dad love as dramatically as he possibly can.