❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

It's been a good long while since I had to get ready for a first date. Actually, the last time I had to get ready for the first date was with the same guy I'm getting ready for now.

How do you dress for a first-second date? Is it normally? Should I wear the outfit I wore the first time or is that weird?

I have no idea what to wear or how to do my makeup. So, I turn to my only lady friend for help—as you do. Problem is, she has no idea either. We've decided to figure it out together, which seems easier than figuring it out all on my own. It's always nice to have a friend, right?

I pick up a handful of dresses I know fit me along with my makeup box before I head over to her place. We've decided that her place is the best to do this since the restaurant I'm supposed to meet Wyatt at is just around the corner. Also, Aaliyah says I can raid her closet for whatever I like, so really how can I resist?

It's the main reason I'm going over there, to be honest—Her clothes are cute. The closeness of the restaurant is kind of just a plus.

I grin at Alex when he opens the door up for me. "Hello," I greet happily.

"Hi." He returns on a mutter, eyes quickly drifting to the things in my hands like he's confused by them. He steps aside to let me in.

"Kiara!" Aaliyah beams from down the hall. She hurries over as fast as she possibly can with a pregnant belly and a little girl kicking around in her arms. After shutting the door behind me, Alex walks over to her to take Elaina, freeing up her hands for her.

I smile back at her. "Hey," I greet. "So, I brought a few dresses, but I haven't tried them on since before I moved so..." I awkwardly look down at them. "Here's to hoping they still fit." I chuckle.

Aaliyah laughs at that and turns back around to lead the way back down the hall. "I still have things you can wear too." She reminds. I hum at that and smile down at the dog we pass by in the hallway. He isn't interested in us, moseying along lazily towards the living room. "Lucy," Aaliyah murmurs, almost subconsciously as we pass him. She leads me into her room then into the connecting bathroom where she tells me I can set my things down in. "Um...Where do you want to start first?" She asks.

I sigh as I glance in the mirror at my hair that's just in a terrible ponytail. I really didn't bother doing anything before I left. We have a bunch of time, is what she had said. "I think my hair." I decide, already reaching up to take it out of the ponytail. She said she could style it really pretty.

Aaliyah seems excited pretty much immediately. "Okay, so, I was thinking about this braid thing that ends up like a bun—It's great, I promise." She's already stepping behind me to see what she's working with.

"Hey," Alex calls from somewhere behind us. We both instinctively look over at him. "I'm about to make mac and cheese for Elaina, you want some?" He makes a small gesture to Aaliyah. Her grin is enough of an answer for him. He looks to me a little awkwardly. "I'd ask you, but you're gonna go get dinner. So." He awkwardly shrugs.

I laugh. "Yeah." I acknowledge, waving him off. He nods at us both and quickly leaves the room, only having wanted to ask Aaliyah if she wanted some. He's always a little awkward if he's around us while we're hanging out. I don't think he's an awkward guy though, weirdly enough. Aaliyah doesn't seem concerned herself either, always laughing when he leaves quick.

"Anyway," She murmurs as she rolls her eyes with a smile. "What do you think? Braid bun?" She smiles at me through the mirror as she shifts on her feet.

"Braid bun." I confirm quick. Sounds cute, and I think I know what she's talking about. "Do you want to sit somewhere though?" I ask just as she's shifting some more on her feet.