❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

"There's no way it went perfectly."

"No way."

"I mean, knowing them both, there's no way."

"Knowing my brother, he did something super dramatic. Like flipped a table."

"That sounds like him."

"Mhm,"

We both shake our heads as we lift our coffee mugs to our painted lips for a quick sip.

There's a week left until Christmas, and I'm still trying to figure out if we should let Wyatt see Cameron before or after. And this little story both Wyatt and Noah are giving me isn't helping me make my decision. They're saying their first meeting went great. No complaints about each other. They had a nice long chat about...whatever it is men talk about. Guy stuff.

Literally. That's what they both said. Guy stuff is what they both said when I tried to ask what it was that they got around to chatting about.

"What does guy stuff even mean?" I scoff, looking back over at Aaliyah who sits on the opposite side of the couch from me, legs curled up onto the couch and cradling her coffee close.

"I don't know." Aaliyah admits with a frown. "Maybe we should ask men." She suggests, though with a slight grimace like she just knows we won't get a great answer no matter who we ask.

As if on cue, a little girl comes barreling into the room in just a light purple shirt, pull-ups, and a single pink sock. Behind her is her dad, chasing her around with a pair of pants in his hand. He calls her name like a helpless plea as he tries catching her. She somehow manages to slip out of his grasp.

She giggles like it was nothing and runs around the coffee table on the opposite side of him. He huffs sharply at her. "Eliana," He calls. He pleads with her in Spanish like it might help his case. I don't understand what he tells her. She seems to though, because she just laughs at him.

Aaliyah sighs. "Alex, what do guys talk about?"

Alex glances at her as he starts stalking his way around the coffee table. Slowly, Elaina moves the other way. "I don't know." He dismisses.

She groans loudly. "We need to know what Noah and Wyatt talked about! It's life or death, Alex!"

"How am I supposed to know? I wasn't even there—Eliana, ven aquí." He makes a quick move towards her. She runs the opposite direction around the coffee table. "Now." He orders.

Her little eyes narrow into slits. She doesn't move an inch. Aaliyah lifts her mug slowly to her lips while she watches the show unfold. "What do you think they talked about?" She tries after swallowing.

"Guy stuff." Alex's eyes never leave Elaina as he answers. Aaliyah scrunches her nose in response.

"Did you not hear me when I said life or death?"

He ignores her. I nearly gasp but swallow it down as I lift my mug to my lips, eyes darting rapidly between Aaliyah, Alex, and Elaina. As expected, Alex pays dearly for ignoring his wife.