This is very unsanitary behaviour you guys are displaying in the kitchen, Zuk.” Cassius stated and shushed him.

I linked my arms around my mate's neck, and he stepped closer to me until I was roughly pressed against the counter.

Pulling away from the kiss, he dipped his head down to my neck, and I closed my eyes in satisfaction.

A soft moan left my lips as he trailed small, sweet, and sensual kisses against my neck.

I was needy, Cassius was needy and there was only one solution to our problem.

Him.

I wanted him to mate me. It was almost painful that he hadn't even brought up the topic. Maybe it was an in the moment kind of thing.

Ding!

Our heads snapped towards the oven, and Zephyr pulled away.

I sighed when he was far away from me. I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I was in no rush to do anything, but at the same time, it felt as if we were holding off when we should've been tackling the problem head-on.

You just wanna get into his pants, you pervert.” Cassius shrieked,I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

“No,” I murmured. “I need him to want to get into mine.”

Everything feels too vanilla for my liking.

What do you know about vanilla?”

“It is a flavour.” I said, pretending to be oblivious. I've heard the term being used a lot back in my old pack. Vanilla was a safe flavour, so I am assuming that it means a person is being too cautious and safe.

Vanilla is in your age group. You are a pup.” Cass stated.

“I'm not, I know things.”

Mhmm such as?” He asked, and I pursed my lips in thought.

I know about mating in some sense. I know you're supposed to get naked and do the deed, but I don't know how you do it.

Wow you know a lot.” My wolf said in a sarcastic tone, which made me block him out for the time being.

Zephyr placed the two trays down on the table and used his hand to fan the steam that was rising.

It was safe to say that my cupcakes made it. Appearance wise, it topped Zephyr's by far. Taste wise, he took the cake for that one. I missed one key ingredient in my cupcakes.

Sugar.

Other than that, I think I won, but you wouldn’t hear that from him.

After we left the kitchen, Zephyr arranged my ride to Rhys’s club, and he would be coming with me.

This all ties into reasons why I think the ball would be a great opportunity to show the people of Oridian that we are still here.

I felt like we didn't do enough or we were not doing enough. I've been here for almost a year, and I still feel like I don't belong here.

Maybe deep down, I know that this was Koa's not mine, so that's why I'm pushing for the ball to happen, something of my own.

When we arrived, there was no club, just a house that would compete against the palace in size.

“I thought we were going to a club.” I said, and Zephyr shook his head.

“He's not there.” He said and got out of the vehicle with me following behind him. Unlike how he normally walks, he walks slowly when he is with me. The little things he did had my stomach churning with butterflies.