Chapter 11: Tangled feelings

Ishani approached Kabir the next day in college, her mind set on confronting him about everything that had been weighing on her heart. As she found him, she could see the worry lines etched on his face, hinting at the seriousness of their impending conversation.

Ishani took a deep breath, steeling herself for the difficult conversation ahead. "Kabir" she began. "Yes Ishani" Kabir's brows furrowed in concern as he looked at her.

"We need to talk" she was hesitating but also wanted to tell him what's on her mind. "Tell me baby, what's on your mind" Kabir said.

"Kabir, sometimes I feel like.." She was not able to tell him. Kabir held her hand and asked "tell me Ishani". Taking a deep breath she said, "Sometimes I feel suffocated, like I'm loosing myself in our relationship"

"What? you feel that?, but Ishani I've never done anything that will make you feel that way" he said. "But if you did then, sorry maybe I'm not good enough" he said in a low voice.

For a moment Ishani felt guilty and started thinking if she is doing the right thing or not. He then said "It's never been my intention to control you or make you feel trapped."

"I know, Kabir. But sometimes, it's hard for me to speak up because I'm afraid of how you'll react" she told him. Kabir nodded, his grip on her hand tightening slightly. "I understand, Ishani. And I promise to work on being more mindful of your feelings and giving you the space you need," he vowed.

As Ishani listened to Kabir's assurances, she felt a flicker of hope ignite within her. Maybe they could overcome this hurdle together, she thought, her heart yearning for a brighter future with him by her side.

In the end, Kabir's words of reassurance and his promises of change proved to be enough to sway Ishani's doubts. She couldn't bear the thought of losing him, and so she chose to forgive him once again, hoping that this time, things would be different.

Aarohi and Siya were looking at both of them. Aarohi leaned in towards Siya, her voice barely above a whisper as she observed Ishani and Kabir's conversation. "Dekh lena, Siya. Is baar phir wo koi promise karega wo aur ye maan jayegi," she murmured, her eyes fixed on the pair across the room.

Siya nodded in agreement, a frown creasing her brow as she watched the exchange unfold. "I know, Aarohi. It's like a cycle with them. Kabir says sorry, makes promises, and Ishani forgives him every time," she replied, her tone tinged with worry.

Aarohi sighed, her gaze never wavering from Ishani and Kabir. "I just hope Ishani realizes that she deserves better than this constant back-and-forth," she said, her concern evident in her voice.

Siya nodded solemnly, her heart aching for her friend. "Me too, Aarohi. Me too," she murmured, her thoughts echoing Aarohi's sentiment as they continued to watch, silently hoping for a different outcome this time.

Ishani returned to her seat, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside her. Aarohi and Siya were waiting for her, their expressions a silent inquiry into what had transpired between her and Kabir. Ishani managed a hesitant smile in response to their questioning looks, knowing that they could sense her decision without her needing to say a word.

Aarohi let out a resigned sigh, shaking her head slightly as she looked at Ishani. "Tera kuch nahi ho sakta," she remarked, a hint of frustration evident in her tone.

"But he promised that he'll change, that he'll be more understanding and respectful," Ishani confessed, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Aarohi frowned, her brow furrowing in skepticism. "And do you believe him?" she asked, her tone probing yet compassionate.