Chapter 1: Birthday

Chapter 1: Birthday

Ishani woke up to the soft glow of the morning sun filtering through her curtains. Stretching her arms above her head, she let out a contented sigh. Today was her 20th birthday, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement coursing through her veins.

As she got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up, her mind buzzed with happiness. She had plans to celebrate with her family and friends, and she couldn't wait to see what surprises they had in store for her.

After a refreshing shower, Ishani emerged from the bathroom, toweling her damp hair dry. She glanced at herself in the mirror, a smile spreading across her face as she thought about the day ahead.

Ishani descended the staircase, as she reached the bottom, she saw her parents waiting for her in the hall, wearing matching smiles of love and pride.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart!" her father, Mr. Vikram Singh Chauhan, exclaimed as he enveloped her in a warm hug.

"Thank you, Dad," Ishani replied, returning the embrace.

Maya stepped forward, her eyes shining with affection. "Happy birthday,beta," she said, pressing a kiss to her daughter's cheek. "You're growing up so fast!"

Ishani grinned, feeling the warmth of her family's love surrounding her. "Thank you, Mom," she said, her heart overflowing with gratitude. "I'm so grateful to have you all in my life."

Just then, her brother Arjun entered the hall, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "Happy birthday, meow!" he exclaimed, pulling her into a playful headlock.

Ishani laughed, swatting at him gently. "Thanks, bhaiya,"she said,
"btw where's my gift"

Arjun chuckled,"paida hone k liye gift?".he said and laughed.

Ishani to her dad: "papa see bhaiya humesha aisa hi kehte he".

Her dad showed fake anger to arjun and they all bursted with laughter.

As the Chauhan family exchanged warm birthday wishes, the doorbell chimed, interrupting their conversation. Ishani's curiosity piqued, and she eagerly made her way to the door to see who it could be.

Upon opening the door, Ishani was greeted by a courier boy holding a bouquet of vibrant flowers and an array of beautifully wrapped gifts.

"Good morning, miss," the courier boy said with a friendly smile. "I have a special delivery for Ishani Singh Chauhan."

Ishani's eyes widened in surprise and delight as she accepted the gifts from the courier boy. "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, her heart racing with excitement. "These are beautiful."

The courier boy nodded, his smile widening at her reaction. "Happy birthday, miss," he said before bidding her farewell and disappearing down the path.

With a joyful skip in her step, Ishani carried the gifts back into the hall, where her family eagerly gathered around to see what surprises awaited her.

"Wow, Ishani, these are gorgeous!" Maya exclaimed, admiring the bouquet of flowers with awe.

Arjun grinned, reaching for one of the gifts. "I wonder who these are from," he said, his curiosity piqued.

Ishani carefully opened the card which was attached with the bouquet, her excitement dimmed slightly as she glanced at the name on it.

It was from Sameer, a pang of disappointment washed over her as she realized that he wouldn't be able to attend her birthday celebration.

Her smile faltered, Arjun noticed the change in his sister's demeanor and frowned in concern. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Is everything okay?"