Chapter 10: Shadows of Doubt

5 months later.

As Ishani sat in the cafe, she watched the bustling activity around her, the clinking of cups and plates, and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air. She checked her watch, eagerly awaiting the arrival of Aarohi and Siya.

Minutes passed, and finally, she spotted them entering the cafe. Ishani greeted Aarohi and Siya with a smile, but as she looked at their expressions, she couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Their faces seemed somewhat serious, and Ishani couldn't quite read their expressions.

As they settled down, Ishani looked at Aarohi and Siya with a questioning expression, her brows furrowing slightly. "What?" she asked, her voice tinged with curiosity and a touch of impatience. "Please, if you guys are going to talk about the same thing again, then don't," Ishani added, her tone a mix of resignation and reluctance.

"Why not, Ishani?" Aarohi said, her expression conveying both concern and determination. Siya also agreed,"Ishani, we're your friends, and we want what's best for you."

Ishani took a deep breath, her gaze flickering between her friends. "Kabir... he's the best for me," she asserted, her voice firm and resolute.

"No" Aarohi said. "He's not" Siya joined. Ishani sighed, feeling a mix of frustration and determination. "Guys, please, I love him," she pleaded softly. Aarohi raised an eyebrow, her expression skeptical. "And what about him?" she pressed.

"He too loves me, how can you guys not see it" Ishani asked.
"Because we can also see things which you don't," Siya replied.
"Haan kyunki madam toh pyar me andhi ho gayi he na" said Aarohi with a fake smile.

"Roo" said Ishani with a sad face. "What Roo, Ishu" "We just want to make sure you're not setting yourself up for heartbreak." Ishani looked between her friends, her heart torn between her feelings and their concerns.

"I don't know guys I love him and trust him he won't do anything that will hurt me." Ishani said. "Yeah that's why you changed the way you used to dress right?" And that's why you are not going out alone because he doesn't like it" Aarohi said frustrated.
"Aur bahut si cheezein ginwa sakti hu me Ishani, tujhe dikhai kyu nhi deta"

Ishani's eyes widened in shock as Aarohi's words hit her like a slap. "Aarohi, you don't understand," Ishani protested, her voice trembling with emotion. "He's not like that. He respects me." But deep down, doubts began to gnaw at her heart.

"Yeah now that you've told this let me remind you, did you forget the holi incident?" Aarohi asked. Siya looked at both of them "wait what happened on Holi why am I unaware?"

Ishani shifted uncomfortably in her seat, feeling a knot forming in her stomach. "It's nothing," she mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Aarohi. "Just a silly misunderstanding."

"A misunderstanding?" Aarohi scoffed, disbelief evident in her voice. "Ishani, don't downplay it,  you can't keep brushing things under the rug. If he truly respected you, he wouldn't have done you like that."

"Okay guys mujhe kuch ho jaye uss se pehle koi mujhe batayega ki hua kya tha" said siya. Aarohi looked straight at Ishani's eye and said, "Let me tell you".

Flashback
   Holi.

The atmosphere was vibrant with colors and laughter as Ishani arrived at Ansh's Holi party, her heart brimming with excitement. She loves holi and this was her first Holi celebration with Kabir so she couldn't wait to share this occasion with him.

As she stepped into the colorful chaos, Ishani's eyes searched for Kabir, her heart fluttering with anticipation. Spotting him amidst the revelers, her face broke into a radiant smile, and she hurried over to him.