Scars and Unexpected Encounters

A harsh clang echoed through the sterile bathroom as Lee Young Jae, one of Jeon Jungkook's closest friends, flung open the door, oblivious to the tense scene unfolding within. Taehyung flinched, a surge of dread washing over him. 'Why him, of all people?' he thought, his heart hammering a frantic rhythm against his ribs. He didn't know what to do, the world suddenly tilting on its axis. Was fate truly this cruel?

Manager Park, his face draining of color, hurriedly put some distance between himself and Taehyung. "Mr. Lee," he stammered, a forced smile plastered on face, "What a surprise! What brings you here?"

Lee Young Jae raised an eyebrow, skepticism lacing his voice. "Am I not allowed to use the restroom, or is this a special facility reserved for... questionable activities?"

Disgust churned in Taehyung's stomach. Tears welled up in his eyes, blurring his vision. Shame and anger warred within him, his face burning a deep crimson. He felt drained, both physically and emotionally.

Manager Park, clearly rattled, stammered, "Oh no, no, of course not! You're welcome to use it. We were just... we..." He trailed off, unable to complete the fabricated explanation under Lee Young Jae's scrutinizing gaze.

Lee Young Jae, smirking towards Taehyung, said, "Tete, you didn't change a bit. You're the same as before. Are you doing the same thing again like you did with Jeon?"

The mere mention of Jeon Jungkook's name sent a fresh wave of pain through Taehyung. Memories, deliberately buried deep within, resurfaced, threatening to drown him. He felt a throbbing ache in his ankle, a dull, familiar pain - a constant reminder of a past he desperately tried to outrun.

"Stop it," he croaked weakly, his voice barely a whisper. Tears streamed down his face, blurring his vision further. His body trembled uncontrollably, the weight of the past threatening to crush him.

Manager Park's mind raced. Were these two connected? What if this "Mr. Lee" exposed his predatory actions? Panic surged through him. He had to act fast before everything unraveled.

Suddenly, in a desperate bid for escape, Taehyung bolted towards the back door, his shoulder colliding with Lee Young Jae in his haste. He sprinted out the back entrance, seeking solace in the familiar alleyway.

Thankfully, the kitchen staff seemed preoccupied, their attention diverted from the unfolding drama.

A sharp jolt of pain shot up Taehyung's right ankle as he pushed himself to run. It wasn't a sprain, but an old injury, a dull throb that had plagued him ever since he'd broken it years ago and never gotten it properly treated. Yet, the physical pain paled in comparison to the emotional turmoil he was experiencing. He fumbled with his buttons, hurriedly closing his shirt, and retrieved his bag from the nearby locker.

A glance at his phone confirmed it was ten o'clock. The harsh light momentarily blinded him, and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the device tightly.

He had boarded the bus without a word, not bothering to ask for permission. Getting fired was the least of his concerns at that moment. He needed to get away, to disappear into the anonymity of the city. Birthdays, celebrations - all trivial matters in the face of his emotional turmoil.

As the bus rattled through the cityscape, Taehyung stared out the window, his gaze catching a fleeting glimpse of starry nights - a couple holding hands against a backdrop of glittering constellations. A wave of loneliness washed over him, a stark contrast to the carefree love displayed outside. Sleep eventually claimed him, a temporary escape from the harsh realities of his life.

"Tete, wait for me at our usual spot." He received a message on his flip phone ten hours ago, the glow accusingly illuminating the darkness. Memories flooded his mind, vivid and painful. He clutched the phone tightly, his knuckles turning white. Tears stung his brusied and swollen right cheek, a fresh wound from the day.

He was waiting quietly for him. It was night. Everything was silent.

The next moment, he was running for his life. Someone was chasing him. He couldn't see anything ahead. His eyes were filled with tears, making his vision blurry. Everything was black. He could hear his own breath, insects chirping, and someone was behind him trying to catch him.

'Run, run, run' he was muttering. Then suddenly he lost his right foot and screamed in pain.

Taehyung gasped loudly.

It was the dream.

'What's happening to him? Today can't be worse,' he thought.

Suddenly, the bus driver made a break. It was his stop. Taking a deep breath, he grabbed his bag silently and went out of the bus. It took him five minutes to reach his home, tucked away behind a secluded alley. He unlocked the door, then locked it behind him, the familiar routine offering a sliver of comfort. He removed his shoes, drank a glass of water, and went to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, he saw his red face and swollen eyes - physical manifestations of the turmoil within. Loathing gnawed at him. He just wanted his life to be peaceful, as much as possible. After washing his face with cold water, he went to bed without changing his clothes, the exhaustion finally claiming him.

Tomorrow, he would meet his grandma. Perhaps she could offer the solace he desperately craved.