𝓓𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓲𝓷

𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖 + 𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕗𝕖

                           Foreign to your warmth and solitude. I have yet to yearn for your ice-blue eyes. To the unruly yet artistically styled hair. Untuck the foxfire uniform that you used to wear. I know that you fled to the Forbidden Cities. I have been stuck wondering when I'll ever see you again. To feel your embrace. To do much more.

 We were only teenagers. But you have fled to the Forbidden. 

     Sophie trailed her fingers along the Polaroid pictures of her and Keefe that they had taken. She had searched what it felt like all corners of the Earth. Hadn't found Keefe. Not after the Loanmore where Keefe was tortured into his legacy...

             She stared at the crystal stars that Edaline, her adoptive mother had set up whenever she needed a place to stay. All while sitting next to the carefully well-placed tray of mallowmelt with an aside of lushberry juice, Edaline had conjured not that long ago. Her father Grady was too busy tending Verdi. The tyrannosaurus rex. 

     Sophie soon found herself contemplating whether or not she should go to the Forbidden Cities and restart from beginning to end. She eventually gave in to the idea that had been plaguing her mind.  So she strolled towards where Grady had kept his cobalt blue leaping crystal. That led to the Forbidden Cities. Where the humans reside. Seizing the 'magic wand' up towards a nearby source of light; letting it gleam and spiral into oblivion. Letting it take her wherever it would take her.

        She ended up in an alleyway. Thankfully. The hollow shabby cobblestone of the alleyway with a narrowed pathway. Masking her present, unknowingly to the humans, that paid her a favor quite actually. I was stepping out of the dark alleyway. Sounds of bustling streets roamed around her and filled her senses. Hearing chattering humans going along their days her polyglot abilities activated. They were filling her in the familiarity of the English language. The soft accented Braiten voices loaded the clattering streets of no-doubtly, London. The familiar human architecture has already been pictured into Sophie's mind all thanks to the Blackswan genetically enhancing her memories. 

      Sophie kept roaming around quite aimlessly for what felt like forever at the point where the sky started to become gray. stretching across cloud to cloud. Staining a dark gray color across the sky. Light rumbles of the oncoming storm seemed to be headed this way. Sophie narrowed her eyes at the clouds where little petals of rain splashed onto her. Now she has realized that she may have been the only pedestrian standing on the sidewalk. Where she felt the light sprinkle of the rain become a little heavier. 

      All hope had vanished until she heard, "Foster?" 

      Sophie spun around so quickly, nearly knocking herself off balance. Facing the only boy who calls her 'Foster', Keefe. 

 The same boy who had teased her almost endlessly. The one who had run away to protect herself and her friends all because of his mother's doing. The one who she had truly loved all along that took her an eternity to figure it out. That friend her friends teased of being oblivious. 

      "Keefe, is that you?" Sophie had questioned out loud. Disbelief must have clouded her face because of Keefe's next response.

   "Happy to see me, eh, Foster?" Keefe teased. But his eyes shone no mischievous gleam as they always did, whenever he would bring up an idea of pranking formerly known as Dame Alina. Sophie took a moment to gaze upon her beloved. She noticed bags under his ice-blue eyes. Blonde hair was more unruly than it was. The skin was slickly pale instead of the sunkissed peached than it once was. Soon enough Sophie darted towards Keefe with her arms outward embracing him. 

         Her head nuzzled the knack of his neck, greedily inhaling the musky scent of Keefe. Both were drenched in rain showering above them. Keefe rocking her back and forth. Taking his hand along with her palm. Sophie soon began to follow Keefe's soft rhythm of steps. Leading him. 

              The two began to slow dance with smiles gracing their faces. It was almost as if the two had confessed without words thrown at each other. The world around them shifted to them—Keefe's to Sophie. 

Sophie to Keefe.