Part 5

First Day of Kindergarten

"Karin you have to get ready to go to school.", Karin's mom said. "No.", Karin pouted sitting down folding her arms. "Why not?", Karin's Mom asked. "I don't wanna go to school.", Karin said. "Is that your final answer?", Karin's Mom asked and Karin nodded. So Karin's mom forced her clothes on and forced her into the car. They drove to the bus stop and waited. When the bus came Karin's mom forced her on the bus and sat her right in the front seat behind the driver. Then the next kid to get on sat in the seat across from her. Karin started crying when the bus pulled off much to kid's across her annoyance. "Can you shut up.", Sasuke said, to which Karin side eyed him. "Why should I?", Karin asked. "Because you're going home. You'll see your mom again.", Sasuke said. Karin stopped crying but she folded her arms.

Sasuke's POV

First day of third grade. I went to my class and pick a color from a cup. I ended up sitting at the purple table and nobody else was there yet. It was quiet till someone plopped down next to me. I looked over and saw red hair. I recognized her immediately, as the girl was crying on the bus first day of kindergarten. I hope she's lost that habit.

"What's your name?", she asked suddenly turning to face me. "Sasuke.", I said. "Are you not gonna ask what mine is?", she asked. "Karin.", I said. "How'd you know?", she asked surprised. "You're the only girl who was crying on the bus in kindergarten.", I said. "Why do you remember that?", she asked. "I told you to shut up.", I said. "Oh yeah. Thank you for that.", She said. "You're welcome.", I said.

Karin's POV

"Are you ready?", My mom asked. "Do we have to go?", I asked. "Sasuke's gonna be there.", she said and I smiled. "I don't care.", I lied. "Mhm you insisted on a new dress." She said. "Good impression on the neighbors.", I said. "Sasuke's mom told me he insisted on a new outfit too.", she said and I smiled. "Couldn't have been for me.", I said. "We can find out if you hurry.", she said and I rushed upstairs.

My mom is the only one who knows about my crush on Sasuke after getting to know him I just couldn't help it. The cookout was at Sasuke's house so this would be my first time coming over. He doesn't live too far apparently so my mom and I just walked there. When we got there when I finally spotted him he was already looking at me smiling. "Mom can I go.", I asked nodding in his direction and she nodded. I walked over and he just looked. "You look pretty.", he said and I smiled. "Thank you. You look cute.", I said and he smiled. "Let me show you my room.", He said grabbing my hand and pulling me and I followed behind.

"Wow!", I said looking around. His room was pretty huge and nicely decorated. "I don't really like being around a bunch of people let's just stay in here.", He said and I smiled. "Okay.", I said sitting on the floor and he scrunched up his face. "I don't remember having a dog.", he said. "So you never just sit on the floor?", I asked. "Not when there's clearly somewhere to sit.", he said pointing at him bed. "Just join me.", I said patting the space next me. He rolled his eyes and sat down. Then we just talked. Mainly me talking his head off and him listening.

          "Sasuke are in here?", A boy who looked like him asked walking in. "Yes.", Sasuke said. "Who's the girl.", He whispered to him like I wasn't next to him. "This is Karin.", He said. "Is this the little girlfriend mom had mentioned?", He asked. "Little girlfriend?", I asked. "No Itachi, Karin isn't my girlfriend I don't know why mom said that.", Sasuke said crossing his arms. "Oh.", I muttered. "Defensive. Everyone's getting plates now so Dad told me to get you.", He said. "I'll be down shortly.", Sasuke said. "I'm sure my mom is wondering when I'm coming back.", I said getting up and leaving.