Chapter Thirteen

Cliff
Wait, what? Daddy?

Baffled, I looked around the group. My love smiled at me. Frank laughed and kissed the confused blonde in his embrace. I shook my head, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Daddy? Is that some kink you two have?" I raised an eyebrow at the object of my desire. "I could be into that. If it's what you want, darling." Frank guffawed, the blonde giggled, and who I thought was Jill turned three shades of red.

Shaking her head, the brunette walked over to me, one hand on my forearm. She licked her lips, smiling that tantalizing little smile that worked me up good every time she flashed it. My cock twitched, reacting to her presence and the vanilla and orange blossom scent around her. She put her arms around me, head on my shoulder, and held me like she would never let me go.

"I cannot tell a lie, Daddy. I woke up in his bed this morning." She looked up at me and I got lost in her chocolate pools. "I only wish I hadn't woken up in that gigantic bed all alone."

My arms tightened around her. I saw the future I yearned for in her eyes. What I didn't think I could walk away from. Not without leaving my heart behind.

For the first time, thoughts of Frank and his children never entered my head. All I could think of was her. In my arms. My bed. Cock buried balls deep inside her as she screamed my name.

Yeah, there won't to be any walking away from her. Sorry, Frank.

"Me, too." In front of Frank, and that unknown woman, I kissed her. Jill. Scilla. I knew I'd call her whatever she wanted me to. Lips coming together, tongues battling for space. Her arms slipped around my neck. I lifted her off the ground, my throbbing cock pressing against her hot centre.

We broke apart, foreheads together and breathing heavy. I tore my eyes from hers to glance over at Frank. The blonde curled around him, his arm around her waist.

What in the fucking hell?

Eyebrows knotted, I stared open-mouthed at the couple in front of me, wondering what I was seeing. Incredulous, I glanced down at the woman in my arms.

"I... I don't understand, Frank. Shouldn't you be a little upset?" Incredulous, I looked down at the woman who told me to call her Scilla, one hand stroking her arm. "Aren't you upset he's standing there with another woman in his arms?"

I pulled her closer. A need to protect her overwhelmed me.

"Isn't she important enough to fight for, Frank?" Scilla cupped my cheek with one hand, forcing me to stare into her eyes.

"Sweetheart, of course my father thinks I'm worth fighting for." She placed a soft, feathery promise on my lips. "But I stopped being upset with Jill in Dad's arms long before they got married."

I looked around the group standing at the end of the driveway. The indulgent, but warning, look on Frank's face. An accepting and joyful expression on Jill's. The unapologetic, amused smirk from Scott, who watched from sidelines after following me over, called me a dumbass without saying a word.

"Buddy, I told you to just call her and talk to her. Now you've made a fool of yourself." Scott greeted Scilla and Frank, who introduced him to Jill. "The answer was in front of you the whole time. You just had to look for it."

My eyes closed in understanding. Things fell into place. I couldn't argue with Scott's silent assessment. I was an idiot, but one who knew when to admit it.

"So, Frank, your 'youthful disaster' was a VERY youthful one, was it?"

Foreheads still touching, I looked in Scilla's eyes and commented, "Frank, you don't seem old enough to have a twenty-one-year-old daughter." Swallowing hard, I desperately prayed she was older than twenty-one.

"Cliff, you flatter me." Scilla winked at me. "I'm a wee bit older than twenty-one, though. Turned twenty-six on my last birthday." Stunned, I did the math before looking at Frank, who shrugged.

"I was seventeen when Scill was born. Her mother ran out on us when she was two months old, which was when I became a single father. Thank goodness I have wonderful parents. It was just Scill and I until I met Jill when my baby girl was thirteen," he squeezed his wife in his arms. "We've been a lovely little family ever since."

My ears perked up at his words. Cock at attention, I realized Scilla — my love — didn't belong to someone else.

"Cliff, I'd like to introduce you to my wife, Jill." Frank let his amusement shine bright as we exchanged pleasantries and shook hands. "And this, the woman you thought was my wife, is my daughter, Priscilla. Scilla, this is Cliff." She rolled her eyes at her father, but played along.

"It's very nice to meet you, Cliff." On tiptoes, she wrapped her arms around my neck and locked her lips on mine. She ground herself into me, making me groan.

GAWD, how I wanted to lose myself in her. Out of self-preservation, I came to my senses.

"Gorgeous, as much as I love what you're doing, and wish you'd never stop, I don't want your father to kick my ass." I groaned and kissed her nose. "You've GOT to stop this before I do something definitely not safe for mixed company."

She whispered in my ear, "Like on the Civic yesterday?" Nips and kisses trailed down my neck. I tightened my embrace with a growl.

She relaxed, taking pity on me and turning to lean against my chest. Safe in my arms, she sighed happily.

I swallowed my caveman intentions and forced myself to meet Frank's eye. He nodded, laughing the entire time.

"We're good, Cliff." Frank nodded at his daughter. "As long as you treat her right. Got it?"

Without another word, I scooped Scilla up in my arms and headed back across the street. Scilla clasped her hands around my shoulders and kissed behind my ear. I shuddered and felt her smile as she nestled her head into the crook of my neck. Couldn't keep the grin off my face. I tightened my hold on her, relishing the feel of her in my arms.

"Got it," I called over my shoulder, dropping a kiss on the top of Scilla's head, "See you tomorrow at the barbecue."

As I turned toward my new home, I saw Frank slap his arm around Scott's shoulder.

"Scott, come on in for a drink. They'll be busy for a while." Frank winked at the younger man and ushered him into the house. "And I have a new Scotch I wanted to try. Could always use some company for that."