STORY EVENTS & MAP (PT 2)

[Guide]
§ = Story
π = Notes (side bar)
* = Player actions
% = Enemy actions
∆ = NPC actions
√ = Terrain actions
( ) = Character details
[] = Story details

-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Indoor Park]

- Key to this room can be found in any guard sleeping quarters.

- Top Right [Cabin 1]
Entrance & exit

- Center Left [Cabin 2]
Restroom

[Waterfall]
Players must make a dexterity saving throw (DC 13) if attempting to jump through the waterfall.

Behind the waterfall is a cave. There's two locks on the far wall. Unlocking both of them will slide open a false Rock wall acting as the back wall of the cave.

[Lake]
Under a tree in the bottom left part of the park just past the lake is a shiv half buried under the gravel. It is wrapped in a piece of cloth and tied with a bit of string.

Under a tree in the bottom right part of the park is a half buried chest with a note contained within and a small (Strange Crystal Ring) on top of the note.

§
As you follow a trail of whispers, you stumble across a half-buried box under a pine tree.

§
After digging it up and prying it open, you find two items inside: a folded note and an old ring, carefully placed on top of the paper. The note is weathered and the ink has faded, but it still holds a legible message. The ring intricately designed, seems to shine with an ethereal glow.

The note reads:

Greetings,

I am Vivian Wagner, it was my understanding that I'm just a simple patient within these walls, turns out it's a sort of facade. I'm like a puzzle piece forced into the wrong picture.

It all began mundanely enough, as I carried out my daily routines. Yet, a subtle shift in the atmosphere caught my attention-a whisper of something stirring beneath the surface. In that moment, familiar fragments of memories clawed their way to the forefront of my mind, stolen whispers from a forgotten past.

With a sudden clarity, I recalled who I was, or rather, who I used to be in the moments leading up to my arrival in this Institution. However, much of my history remains obscured, like pages torn from a book.

Since then, my efforts to find an exit have been in vain, navigating the various corridors, haunted by unseen entities and restless dreams filled with infinite torment. Now doubt clouds any hope of escape. In a desperate bid for freedom, I've entrusted my remaining magic to this crystal ring, a conduit for my magical powers. It may hold the key to your liberation.

But caution is paramount, for mysterious forces are at play here. Listening in on the guards conversations they referred to these things they called pylons. I'm not sure exactly what they are but It looked like they were bringing a pylon in through the security hallway. I could feel it pulsing with an arcane energy.

From what I've learned, these pylons exert a peculiar influence, inducing unyielding slumber, even distorting our reality. Disabling these pylons may offer a path to liberation, yet their chambers are guarded and locked.

It falls upon the bearer of this message to unravel the secrets of this place, to locate and disable these pylons that bind us all here. Tread carefully, for revealing yourselves and the knowledge you gain here could lead to your demise.

Best wishes,
[Mr. Wagner]

*
When the player dons the ring, they must make a wisdom (DC 12) saving throw.