Chapter 10 • Something Different

Start from the beginning

"Stupid is my motto beautiful." Lorenzo gave a quick wink. I just didn't want to look like a clueless little girl, so hopefully he doesn't. I told Emilia about it and she says to do it by either watching it, which no way in hell am I watching that.

Or experiment with it maybe even with him if I wasn't so awkward about the situation.
"Earth to Arabellaa" I felt him blow on my face with his cool mint breath. "Sorry, just don't do anything please,"

"Wait for me." I said finally before walking away in the back kitchens to grab my things. "Now where are you headed?" My dad said "Um- I'm going with Lorenzo back to his place." I clutched on my bag.

He didn't reply quickly enough and it made me nervous. "Why're you hanging out with him so much all of a sudden?" He didn't look over at me as he kneaded the dough.
"We're friends? I honestly kind of enjoy his company even though he's a rude, stubborn, annoyingly smart, etc,etc." I shut my mouth before it sounded like something else.

"Mm. Have you seen Everest?" He didn't comment on Lorenzo whatsoever. "Yeah he's outside now, see you later?" I was hesitant on leaving through the doors.
"Be careful with him and I'll see you later."

Overheard the conversation with her father and honestly? It pissed me off

Let your daughter have her own damn decisions.
Also earlier when she said don't do anything weird. I had no promises to that because my mind goes blank when I see her. Well besides being a good looking guy who knows how to make people laugh, she cant even get that out of me sometimes.

I just feel protective.

It is not a good feeling when you are quite literally one of the strongest immortals. You want to kill so you can protect, or maybe that's just me. I tend to spiral when things don't go my way.
I do something "stupid" is what I call it.

I look over the counter to see Arabella touching up her makeup. She wore a more basic outfit, but grey sweatpants never looked better on someone with her white off shoulder sweatshirt.
Could also definitely tell she wasn't wearing a bra nor a shirt underneath— "okay I'm ready." She walks around the counter going up to me.

I stood up "lead the way." and she went while I followed behind her. I felt the eyes of Everest and his group as they see us walk out the bakery together.
"God they cant help but stare." She scoffs as she gets inside my car and my vision got set on seeing her dad through the window.
I give a quick smile as I hop inside.

"Are you gonna tell me what we're doing?" I shook my head to her. I just wanted to take her to my house, but I would have people eavesdropping. I honestly don't think I cared. They all know.
"Lorenzo?" Her voice rings through my head.
"You don't mind going to my house, do you. Besides last time you were there I forcefully took you there." She shook her head "No as long as you're not paranoid and freaking me out."