“Is your mouth feeling better now?”

When we were halfway through eating, Kwon Yido asked vaguely. It might be because he remembered that on the first day when the inside of my mouth burst, I frowned several times while eating. I nodded, rubbing the injured area with the tip of my tongue.

“It’s gotten a lot better.”

It wasn’t completely healed yet, but I didn’t have any trouble eating. Even when it hurt quite a lot at first, I was fine because I ate only bland foods.

“Thank goodness.”

Kwon Yido answered like that and continued eating in silence. It was nothing special, but the look in his eyes as he said that seemed so relieved that I was speechless. It felt strange when a person who was blunt in everything sometimes showed this side of himself.

“You seem to be very busy these days…”

I chanted slowly and put down my chopsticks. Was I addicted to the scent of flowers? I felt like I was constantly shaking.

“I’m worried that you seem to have overexerted yourself from work.”

It felt like I had called Kwon Yido home in an immature manner. To rationalize that it was just time for him to get off work, anyone could see that he was the one who came back because of me. I could tell from the fact that he even bought a bouquet himself.

“Well, if you know why I’m busy, you’ll realize how useless it is to worry.”

Kwon Yido smiled and put down his spoon. As if he was finished eating, he took a sip of water and stood up.

“If it’s okay, let’s go down together for a moment.”

I felt déjà vu. Once before, Kwon Yido left a meal saying something similar to this. When was it? Was it the day he gave me two car keys?

As soon as I could think about that, he looked at me and shook his head.

“Jung Sejin’s car has arrived.”

* * *

The car that Kwon Yido said he would give me was a pure white sedan newly released by M Company. It was the most popular line, and he said that it was a classic re-release that took full advantage of the company’s strengths. Since it was brought into Korea as a limited edition, Kwon Yido probably brought one of which there were only a few.

“I finished the inspection, but it was a little late because I had some personal things to inspect. I can’t have a problem with the car I gave you as a gift.”

He started explaining this and that while holding his car keys in his hands. This time, things like the new technology applied by M or the safety system introduced to protect drivers. As someone who had a hobby of collecting cars, he gave a fluent explanation that a professional dealer would give.

“I chose the options myself, and if you don’t like the interior design, you can tell. I’ll change it accordingly.”

Even as someone who didn’t know much about cars, I think this design was chosen very pretty. Even though I didn’t really like white, I was captivated the moment I saw it. At first glance, the interior seen through the windshield was decorated in a bright beige color, unlike other cars.

“I will use it well. I like it.”

When I said that, Kwon Yido held out his car keys with a satisfied look on his face. The car key with the brand logo in silver was now truly mine and I could not return it to him. Why was it so hard to accept the car? While I was once again filled with emotions, Kwon Yido expressed a similar thought to me.