25: Unsuspecting

Zacznij od początku

You went on ahead, following the source of the river, whilst making sure no one else was there. After you expanded your En, you sighed in relief and content as you stripped off your clothes, leaving it laying on the grass. Your bare skin was then greeted by the light of the moon, a fresh cold breeze followed, making you grow goosebumps all over.

You slowly stepped in to the cold river, submerging yourself in it. You stayed underwater for a while, it felt comfortable down there. It was quiet, dark and cold. After minutes of staying down, you finally decided to rise. Cold air hugged your bare skin. You cleaned yourself

Suddenly, you froze. Someone was nearby and they weren't concealing their presence. Or maybe, they didn't know how. It was most likely a non-nen user. Despite being aware of the fact, you daren't let your guard down. You refused to make a movement that could possibly make the stranger detect you.

Your brows met in annoyance realizing that you had to rise up in order for you to get yourself dressed. Your garments were meters away so, they were out of reach. You quietly sighed, but then, the stranger revealed themself from the bushes, however, it wasn't clear who it was as they were underneath the trees' shadows.

This made your eyes widen. However, they were unable to detect your presence as you were using Zetsu. They haven't realized yet that someone else was there. In a blink of an eye, as quietly and as still as you could, you submerged yourself underwater once again.

You were bare and you didn't want any attention from the stranger. You then realized that your garments were above, they'll probably spot it and realize someone else was there. Despite the water hindering your hearing, you could here their footsteps nearby the river as of they were walking towards it.

Shit. They'll see my clothes. You looked up, only to be greeted with the distorted image of the moon shining down on you, a shadow appeared which was standing just above your position, Their head looked down, your eyes widens as you felt a sharp pain on your big toe. The stranger bent down reaching for the water. As their hand met with the river, you suddenly emerged from underneath which startled both the stranger and you.

"Ah!" You quickly settled yourself on the grass, you groaned as you coughed out water. You raised your painful foot unconsciously to the stranger. "It hurts!" It was a ginormous fresh water crab clinging on to your big toe.

"Get it off! Get it off!" You yelled as you attempted to shake off the crab off your feet, only for it to cause more pain.

"W-wait! Stay still." The stranger's voice was awfully familiar. With that, you stopped yelling from pain as you realized who you were naked in front of.

Kurapika.

Kurapika gently held your foot in order for you to stay still while your face was unreadable. As he successfully removed the crab off of your toe. He quickly turned around as he stripped off the blue tabard he was wearing. He was left with a white v-neck training suit underneath. Once he faced you again, his eyes were closed as he extended his arm to offer you a piece of his clothing.

"Please, wear this and get dressed." He said with a polite and cool manner. You looked at his face as the moonlight revealed his perfect complexion. His blond hair glowed against the moonlight.

You accepted it and wore it to temporarily cover yourself as you struggled to reach your clothes due to your bad toe. Once you successfully wore your clothes back, you gave him the signal to open his eyes. He greeted you with a slight bow, "Your toe stopped bleeding."  You ignored his amused comment as your wound slightly closed.

"I'm Kurapika. I apologize for what happened just earlier. I was only trying to quench my thirst and failed to realize that someone else besides me was there." He introduced, which made you realize you were out of your disguise.

He had never seen your true appearance before, which made you laugh. This threw him off guard, but then, his gaze traveled down to your clothes, he realized why, as he noticed your awfully familiar clothing.

"W-wait. Y-Y/N?!" He looked terribly ashamed, the blond lowered his head out of embarrassment.

"Wow, it's dark but you managed to notice." You said to lighten up the atmosphere.

"W-why do you look a-and sound so different?" His question made you raise your brows, you were about to answer but he spoke again, "I didn't m-meant it in a bad way." he defended before you could talk,

"It's nothing to be concerned about," You assured, "I assure you, I mean no harm, and that was merely to disguise myself. Kil knows about this." Kurapika stared at you asking for more answer, "As you already know, I'm from a family of elite assassins, it's often required for a job, and it's confidential."

"I see." He clears his throat. He composed himself as he realized he won't be getting any more answers from you. The boy kneeled down to drink water from the river while you just stood there. eyeing his back.

"Did Kil really refer to me as his older sister?" You recalled your conversation with Kurapika back in the airship.

"Are you not?" He stood up from kneeling.

"Technically no." You admitted. Unconsciously, the both of you started walking, which ended up in a stroll. Your bad toe seem to be better, you activated your nen ability, Mend, which accelerates the regeneration of wounds or injuries. This manipulates your cells to prioritize healing in certain parts of your body.

"Oh?" He paused, "If you don't mind sharing,"

"I'm from Meteor city." You said as your eyes were fixed at the full moon from above, silence was deafening which made you think that it was your queue to talk, "You probably don't know where that is." Your footsteps were eerily quiet despite the crunchy, dry leaves on the ground,

You continued, "I don't remember anything about it, I was barely a toddler when the Zoldycks took me in. I heard its a dumpster." You added, your eyes travelled to the trees, gently swaying from the breeze.

"It's a home for criminals. The home of the Spiders."

Oddly enough, you sensed bloodlust next to you. As you turned your head, you see Kurapika with a hard look on his face, his brows met as his eyes showed an unfamiliar hue of scarlet.