Daily run (Chapter 4)

Start from the beginning

I helped him up and we continued to walk down the street, I told him that I infromed G.E (German Empire) and he is going to help. Otto let out a sigh of relief, he said its good to have more help. Bulgaria and Prussia is still chasing them, Who knows that those countries can run all night and still have energy to run in the morling, especially the Demon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Courtney's POV)

I have to get away from this place and Bird boy there is making it harder, why can't they just leave me alone. Bird boy would swoop down from time to time and I had to dodge his attack, he is too fast and I almost tripped because of that. I need to hide somewhere where noboby would least expect me to be, now where? In the dumpster, no I watched TV shows and saw a lot of people hidding here. The sewers is not a bad idea but I can't get under there without being spotted and it take longer. I can maybe hide in some stores and act like a shopper thats a good idea, all I need to do is to distract Bird boi. I started to yell at him taking his attenction, I kept pointing in a random direction making his attention move away from me. To be honest he doesn't seem that smart, I tricked him at least twic and he is still falling for the oldest tricks in the book. I made a run to the nearst store and hide there for a moment, I peeked over to the window and saw Prussia looking around. He was flying around the area where he last saw me, I didn't see another countries nearby, either they are slow or they gave up. I really hope they gave up on the search, because I NEED to take a break.

"Wirst du etwas kaufen oder bleibst du einfach in meinem Laden und nimmst Platz weg?" (Are you going to buy something or are you just going to stay in my store and take up space?) Asked the store owner. The man was wearing a black vest and a white shirt under it, he had a brown mustache and beard.

I didn't dare to turn around or esle he will see my face and report me to the police or countries. I started to move around and look at somethings, there were nothing realy specail expect for a cool looking hat. It is navy blue and had some silver outline on it, I always wanted one to wear.

 It is navy blue and had some silver outline on it, I always wanted one to wear

(Pretend there is a bage on the hat)

It might be my last chance to take it before someone else takes it, and its can be an souvenir. I took that hat and brought it up to the counter to purchase it. Then I remember I don't have any euros, the shopkeeper was waiting for me to pay up not paying attention to my face as I kept my face out of sight. I quickly looked through all my pockets even my cargo pant pockets, I ended up finding a few American dollar bilsl and handed it to the shopkeeper. He gave me a look saying 'Are you serious right now' I didn't look up and didn't say anything, what can I say.

"Damit lasse ich es vorerst, wir verwenden Deutsche Mark und keine US-Dollar." (I'll leave it at that for now, we use German marks and not US dollars.) said the man.

"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, SIR." I happily say looking up at the man, he gave me an confused look meaning he doesn't under stand what I just said. "Danke herr." I corrected.